BA & Mastopexy No Lower Pole Fullness 5 Mo Po? (photo)

I had BA and mastopexy done 5mo ago, due to weightless and having 2 children and age (39) the girls needed some help. I got 375 cc high profile implants under muscle,, prior i was a small B cup, now a DD, they have dropped,without a bra on they have no lower pole fullness or roundness and look saggy and deformed, what would my option be to achieve bottom pole fullness/roundness, or any overall suggestion. I'm devastated. Was told to go with a bigger implant and remove more tissue.

Get another opinion if you are dissatisfied with the advice of your plastic surgeon

+1

The breast show asymmetry and I'm not sure I agree with the advice of your plastic surgeon that you have indicated here. It might be a good idea to get another opinion.

BA & Mastopexy No Lower Pole Fullness 5 Mo Po?

+1

Dear Subaru,

thank you for your question/photo.   Your right breast appears to be a little flatter then the left.  In general, breast implants will continue to round this area out over time unless restricted by scar contracture.  I would recommend massage and no bra or a loose sport tank type bra to help this out.  If you want them to be higher, than another lift may be necessary.  Although, I this the appearance would be pleasing if the right side was a little rounder.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes a much larger implant like 500 cc range and make sure the inferior pocket is open for descent of new implants. Re-lifting iran additional option that could be considered. 

Uneven after BA and lift

+1

It's hard to advise seeing just your after photo. There is certainly some asymmetry, but you may have had some before surgery as well. They probably won't change too much more at this point so it is reasonable to discuss what your options are with your surgeon. I don't think that simply going larger is the solution. The easiest thing would probably be to further lift the lower one. Unwanted relaxation is not too uncommon after augmentation-mastopexy in women having lost a lot of weight. The skin can be a little unpredictable.

Ronald Schuster, MD

+1

Sometimes the photos don't do justice to the three dimensional appearance, and that may well be the case here. The photo doesn't quite show the whole breast, and is tilted.

All I do see is a bit of contracture of the vertical incision on the right. If the implants are not filling the lower pole, either more lift is needed, or lowering of the implants to fill the lower poles. At the time, perhaps some z-plasties would be done on the vertical incision (your surgeon will know what they are). 

I wouldn't suggest larger implants, unless you felt you were too small. Perhaps a second opinion would be in order. 

All the best.