Had a BA/lift 3 Years Ago and Now Want to Explant. Do I Have a Better Chance of a Favorable Aesthetic Having Had a Lift Prior?

Had a BA/lift done 3 years ago. Had a revision done a year later because my doctor had used a smaller implant than I originally chose..he didn't want to risk using a larger implant with the lift. Im wondering if having had the lift will help with the overall look of my breasts after removal. Its hard to imagine what they will look like since ive only seen the lift with implants. Originally went from a saggy 38B to a 38C. After the revision I am now a 38DD

Implant removal post lift

+2

I think the question is how big will you be after the removal of the implants.there is no question you will sag more.The larger the impalnts the more sagging there will be.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Removing implant after a lift

+1

It is quite possible that when removing the implants the breasts will be ok but smaller. Hard to say without an exam but a lift would have raised the nipple and areola and may have molded the gland as well.

Implants and lifting

+1

Implants will change the volume and the appearance of the upper pole of the breasts mostly. The nipples and areolas should stay in the same place.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Breast Aug/Lift 3 years ago. Will I need a lift if I remove the implants?

+1

Thank you for your question. Generally with all explantation procedures a lift is done in conjunction with the removal of breast implants. Aesthetically, this will give the patient the best results. I typically choose a short scar vertical lift (however this varies depending on each patient as well as what lifting technique you had done prior). I hope this helps you and good luck. Fadi Chahin MD, FACS, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Diplomat-American Board of Surgery, Diplomat-American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Breast Aug and Lift 3 years ago, now want to explant. Will I need Lift?

+1

Dear Bailey,

Thank you for your post.  Yes, definitely with a size decrease from a DD back down to a B after explantation, you will need a lift to look 'perky'.  Otherwise you will be back to your original 'saggy 38B'.

Pablo PRichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hard to answer this without photos. My inclination is that no, you have just as much chance of needing a lift as would a patient with a similar current appearance, less scars, who is considering explantation. All the best.