I Would Like a BA Do I Need a Lift As Well?

Hi! I would like to have a BA 400cc's silicone mod+. Would you recommend doing a lift as well?? If so, which lift is better & would most benefit me? T-shape or Lollipop?? Thanks for answering!

You Need A Breast Lift And Augmentation

+4

Thank you for your question. From your photographs it is apparent you do have breast ptosis or sagging of the breast with the nipple below the inframammary crease. By definition you will need a breast lift to place the nipple and breast gland into a natural looking position.

From your question it sounds as he you also want fuller breasts. Therefore I would also recommend a breast augmentation at same surgery as your breast lift or as a second procedure 6 months later. In my experience a simple breast lift will not give you the fullness, volume and firmness that you seem to want.

Be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and experienced in cosmetic breast surgery.

Do I need a lift?

+2

My guess is that you are unhappy with the shape of your breasts, not the size.  They are pretty large considering your smallish frame.  My STRONG recommendation is to just get a lift.   I would do a vertical lift which would limit the scarring and also provide some nice upper pole fullness.  Making your areolas substantiallly smaller will make your breasts look bigger. 

If you have implants, I think you will look top heavy.  If you have a lift just aound you nipple at the time of your implants, your shape will be suboptimal.  I've learned the limitations of the Benelli or donut lift the hard way.

The beauty of a lift in cases like yours is that you are plenty big already, in my opinion, and that a lift will not require any maintainance other than wearing a bra most of the time when you are vertical and it's all "real". 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Do I need a lift?

+2

The issue with an augmentation mastopexy is the issue of envelope and contents.  The person who needs both is droopy out of a bra and in a bra would like to be larger.  That said I feel you would benefit by  a lift.  My technique involves placing the implant first, sitting you up on the table even though you are asleep and at that point determining if I can accomplish our goal with a concentric, vertical or inverted T pattern.  I would prepare you in advance for the most involved the inverted T but, hopefully will not need that much.  My rationale is that as soon as you place the implant that helps to fill the empty envelope now we are in a better position to determine exactly how much extra skin is present.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Yes you will need a lift

+2
For the optimal result a vertical lift plus breast augmentation would be recommended. I would not recommend a 400 cc implant. A large implant can have short term issues and long term issues. Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast augmentation with lift

+2

I think you would benefit from a lift, to get the nipples back where they should be.  I also think the implant will help give you volume and some upper pole fullness.  Just the implant will not address the nipple position adequately and I think will leave you disappointed.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+2

The consensus is that yes you need a lift. I would add that if you put the implant under the muscle without a lift it will look very bad because the implant will be far away from all of the breast tissue. As it currently stands all of the breast tissue on the left is far downward from the muscle and on the right the vast majority is downward from the muscle. Due to your overall thinnes your breast implants should probably be placed under the muscle for a more natural look. Some doctors may differ in that opinion.

Aaron Stone, MD

Benelli breast lift with implants will work.

+2

Hi.

1)  Definitely need lift.

2)  Together with breast implants, I think you only need a lift with a circular scar around the nipples (Benelli). This type of lift also makes your areolas smaller.

3) Lollipop lift might be an option too.  T-scar not necessary for lift. Only for big breast reductions.

4) 400 cc's may be too big. Let plastic surgeon decide what implants best for you. Just make sure he or she REALLY understands the look you want (with pictures).

5) It is best to make final implant choice during surgery. Sterile disposable implant sizers are used to actually see which size and shape look best. Only then are the implants opened from operating room inventory.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast augmentation may require a lift as well

+2

It appears as though you may need a small lift if you get 400cc breast implants.  The implants can be placed through the incisions made for the lift, and the lift is kept around the areola only (periareolar mastopexy.)  However, the final decision is usually made after the implants are placed in the operating room.  With this, the skin is "tailored" around the implants while you're asleep helping to determine the best shape for your breasts.  Having said this, you may also require a small vertical incision (Vertical mastopexy) in order to obtain an aesthetic appearance to your breasts after the implants are placed.   Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast lift and augmentation

+2

It is difficult to say from the photo what exactly would be best for you.  A breast lift using a lollipoop or inverted T may be good.  A mopr limited incision like a circumareola  may work with an implant.  Hard to say without an exam.

Breast lift combined with augmentation

+2

Based on your photo- I would recommend a vertical breast lift in addition to an augmentation. I would avoid larger implants in these combination cases for a couple of reasons- the implant is really there to provide upper pole volume. You only  need a small implant to achieve this. You've got plenty of your own breast tissues, so don't need a big implant to achieve an great result.  Your issue is that most of your breast volume is in the lower pole of your breast. The structure of your breast needs to be fundamentally re-organized to get more tissue into the mid and upper pole of your breast. A proper vertical breast lift will do this, but the extensive breast surgery may not heal properly if its tensioned by a large implant. You may also need a small 'T' scar below your breast to deal with the excess skin that you have. In summary- a modest augmentation and vertical breast lift is what I think you need.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS