I Had a Ba Done on Jan12/12 and I Am Wondering How Long I Should Wait Before I Go Snowboarding?

130 lbs 5'5 before 34b after 36c

Snowboarding after Breast Augmentation

+1

It is best to wait at least 6 to 9 weeks after a Breast Augmentation to engage in extreme sports, such as snowboarding. Be sure to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon prior to your trip.

Snowboarding after Breast Augmentation

+1

Snowboarding would require at least 6 weeks following breast augmentation.  This would be for the case of a breast augmentation without complication in which normal healing was observed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Resuming vigorous sports after breast augmentation

+1

If your breast implants are under the muscle, you may risk spraining the pectoralis if you fall wrong.  The pain of a sprained muscle usually lasts for weeks or months and can be really annoying.  The implants themselves are very resilient and exercise doesn't harm them in any way.  Its not impossible, but pretty unlikely that you would get bleeding from a fall at this point.

Check with your surgeon since he or she knows you best and follow the advice he/she gives you.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Exercise post ba

+1

Hi

i agree with the others here: basically no exercise at ALL for the first month. 

then after 4 weeks, you can start LIGHT cardio and NON impact aerobics

after 6 weeks you can start more aggressive exercise. such as circuit training, crossfit, etc...

I would hold off of snowboarding for 2 months ( i put snowboarding, kickboxing, rock climbing, etc...) in the extreme sports column and longer is better...

Reason for that is risk of injury is greater. If you fall and have to suddenly stop yourself, or hold your entire body weight with your arms, your pect muscle will NOT be ready for that and may tear, bruise or even bleed. Not worth the potential complication in the long run. 

be patient and you will do well. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and exercise/snowboarding

+1

I usually have my patients wait about 6 weeks to begin vigorous workouts, and I include snowboarding in that category.  You should ask you doctor.

How long after a BA should I wait before snow boarding?

+1

I usually have my patients wait at least 4 weeks before they do any strenuous activities.  I would also recommend that you wear a very good sport bra while snow boarding.  The Victoria Secret VSX sport bra is a very good option. Have fun on the slopes!

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I allow return to full activity four weeks after breast augmentation.

+1

Returning to an activity like snowboarding should be done with the permission of your surgeon. In my practice that would be permitted at about four weeks. This however is a matter of opinion.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

How Long Should Wait Before I Go Snowboarding

+1

Your incisions will reach 90% of their final healing strength by 6 weeks, and that is my usual time to allow full return to activity. This depends upon a "normal" pace of recovery, which will be monitored by your surgeon. That is the best person to whom this question should be directed. 

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Snow Boarding after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question, but this type of question is best answered by your own plastic surgeon. Remember, that he/she knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing, and is ultimately responsible for your care.

In my practice, given the potential for falling with snowboarding, I would suggest that you be patient and avoid  this activity for at least 3 months after the procedure was performed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm