I Breast Augmentation 6 days ago, my right breast is painful and swollen. Should I be concerned? (photo)

I had Breast Augmentation 6 days ago, my right breast is painful and swollen. Should I be concerned?

+1
Based on the photo you posted, there doesn't appear to be anything to be concerned about.  6 days is very early out of surgery and it is normal to experience some pain and discomfort.  Definitely keep an eye on it and make sure you see your surgeon for a follow up appt. and discuss your concerns.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

When in the acute post-op period

+1
it is imperative to keep your surgeon updated on your concerns, including this one.  Your photos at least do not suggest anything but nothing can be an exam.  Also, its common for pains and sensations to differ but in general, as long as you are not having appreciable changes on your breasts, it will usually be okay.  Still always good to keep your surgeon informed of your recovery.

Curtis Wong, MD

Right side painful and swollen

+1
Although there is nothing in the photo that appears troublesome, your symptoms suggest possible hematoma, and yes you should be concerned. The only reassurance that is worth anything will have to come from your surgeon. Call today

All the best. 

Breast Augmentation 6 days ago, my right breast is painful and swollen. Should I be concerned?

+1
Your photograph does not appear to be concerning BUT always best to run your concerns/questions by your plastic surgeon. Ultimately, nothing will replace in-person evaluation to rule out complications. Best wishes.

You need to be examined

+1
Please be seen by your surgeon.  You don't appear to have a problem in the photos but it is not an acceptable method to help you.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Swollen and painful

+1
Any noticeable size or extreme pain difference side to side should be addressed with your doctor to make sure you are healing ok and do not have a hematoma.  Good luck

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS