BA soon and concerned with size. Will I look fine in a bikini? (Photo)

I'm am getting my augmentation on April 30th. I am trying to decide if a 500cc is the correct size for me. I am 26, 5'6", 130lbs, doc says a a full a cup. What will this put me at, will I look odd in a bikini? I have been working out for a month and plan to continue after recovery. I think a full "C" would look good on my frame. I tried on 500cc in office and was fine in a shirt but am worried about the appearance in bikini! Thanks

Breast Implant Sizing

Thank you for your photos and your inquiry. Deciding on the size of the breast implant is dependent on a few factors. First, the look that you want. I've always found that showing a photo to your plastic surgeon helps. Second, your measurements, the most important of which is your base width. That is the width of your breast. Certain things can only be determined by the plastic surgeon. This is the art of the procedure. Things such as your skin texture and the tightness of the pocket are factored in. A common mistake among my patients is choosing an implant size since someone on the internet has that size and looks good. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Avoid large implants

Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. A frequent cause of dissatisfaction is over implantation. 500 cc implants are large, will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BA soon and concerned with size. Will I look fine in a bikini?

Over the internet we can not answer this type of vague concern in any detail. Best to have additional in person discussions with your surgeon prior to the surgery... 

500 cc is a lot of implant, especially on your small frame. I can promise you will be noticed at the beach if that is what you want.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Augment appearance in a bikini

I would consider a 500 cc implant to be much too large for you.   Unless you want your appearance in a bikini to shout augment, you should be smaller.  Implants that large also increase the likelihood of complications. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Size of implants

I agree with the theme that this is too large for you. A 425cc in a moderate plus profile is likely a better fit for your frame. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

You might be better off with something a bit smaller, but I would need to evaluated you in person.  Good luck.

500 cc breast implants are too large for you

You have a beautiful physique and are starting from an excellent point in terms of breast augmentation.  In my practice I would not go larger than 350 or maybe 400 cc if you want to be a very full C small D.

You have an excellent shape and a very normal body.  The problem with 500 cc breast implants is that they are very large, will detract attention away from your natural beautiful physique, and the chance of complications are much greater when you go larger than 350-400 cc.

I suggest another plastic surgery consultation with breast measurements and sizing system.

Breast implant size

This question is hard to answer without seeing a photo of what you desire as your final size.  It also makes a difference if you are going with saline or silicone.  Saline tends to project more and look larger for the same volume as silicone.  500cc is a bit on the generous side, but again, it depends what you want to look like.  Also, please be sure you are aware of the added risks with large implants such as increased risk of visible rippling, loss of nipple sensation, stretch marks, bottoming out, future sagging, etc.

I wish there was a way to promise you that it will look "perfect" but there isn't.  You should make sure that your PS is board certified and very experienced.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)