BA soon and concerned with size. Will I look fine in a bikini? (Photo)

I'm am getting my augmentation on April 30th. I am trying to decide if a 500cc is the correct size for me. I am 26, 5'6", 130lbs, doc says a a full a cup. What will this put me at, will I look odd in a bikini? I have been working out for a month and plan to continue after recovery. I think a full "C" would look good on my frame. I tried on 500cc in office and was fine in a shirt but am worried about the appearance in bikini! Thanks

Avoid large implants

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size. If you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. A frequent cause of dissatisfaction is over implantation. 500 cc implants are large, will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

BA soon and concerned with size. Will I look fine in a bikini?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "look fine in a bikini" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

+1
Over the internet we can not answer this type of vague concern in any detail. Best to have additional in person discussions with your surgeon prior to the surgery... 

Bikini

+1
500 cc is a lot of implant, especially on your small frame. I can promise you will be noticed at the beach if that is what you want.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Augment appearance in a bikini

+1
I would consider a 500 cc implant to be much too large for you.   Unless you want your appearance in a bikini to shout augment, you should be smaller.  Implants that large also increase the likelihood of complications. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Size of implants

+1
I agree with the theme that this is too large for you. A 425cc in a moderate plus profile is likely a better fit for your frame. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1
You might be better off with something a bit smaller, but I would need to evaluated you in person.  Good luck.

500 cc breast implants are too large for you

+1
You have a beautiful physique and are starting from an excellent point in terms of breast augmentation.  In my practice I would not go larger than 350 or maybe 400 cc if you want to be a very full C small D.

You have an excellent shape and a very normal body.  The problem with 500 cc breast implants is that they are very large, will detract attention away from your natural beautiful physique, and the chance of complications are much greater when you go larger than 350-400 cc.

I suggest another plastic surgery consultation with breast measurements and sizing system.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

+1
This question is hard to answer without seeing a photo of what you desire as your final size.  It also makes a difference if you are going with saline or silicone.  Saline tends to project more and look larger for the same volume as silicone.  500cc is a bit on the generous side, but again, it depends what you want to look like.  Also, please be sure you are aware of the added risks with large implants such as increased risk of visible rippling, loss of nipple sensation, stretch marks, bottoming out, future sagging, etc.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
I wish there was a way to promise you that it will look "perfect" but there isn't.  You should make sure that your PS is board certified and very experienced.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)