Will a Breast Implant Revision to Go Smaller Require a Breast Lift?

I had my first BA 12/2009 I'm 5'0 currently weigh 112 and had 339cc on the R and 371cc. At first I felt they were too small, now I somehow feel that I am top heavy for my height. Did I go too big? I am currently wearing a 32dd or 34d (depending of different types of bras) I started out as a 34a or b after my 1st child. I'm considering going for a re-do to go smaller in the 250-300cc range. If I do go smaller, would I need a lift? Would the second surgery be  easier than the first?

Will a Breast Implant Revision to Go Smaller Require a Breast Lift

+1

Not always! in borderline cases I adopt a wait and see approach performing a downsizing first. In about 80% of patients they are happy with the results

Revision breast augmentation

+1

It is difficult to tell you what you may need without an exam. Sometimes when you go smaller, you need to perform a lift. It depends upon a lot of factors.

Secondary breast augmentation: Easier than the first breast augmentation

+1

The most common reason for secondary breast augmentation is size. It sounds like you have implants which are on the large side of conservative for your frame, though it is really early to switch them out, however if you do elect to do it, it will be easier than your first breast augmentation and your board certified plastic surgeon should let you know if you need a breast lift based on your measurements. I hope this helps.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD