Breast Implant Reduction After Weight Gain

I Had B-lift W/implants in 2001 Weight Was 125 and Now I weigh 180 lbs and wear a 40 dd . i hate them and just want to be small small but pretty i hate the fat under my arm and my back and want new boobs that can be slimmer looking all around and up and down. what can be done at this time and would surgery be a success?

Undergoing breast reduction following weight gain in patients with breast implants

+1

With this signficiant of a weight gain, it is my guess, your best option may be to remove the implants altogether. Selective augmentation of the upper portions of the breast could be achieved with fat grafting thereby compleley avoiding implants.

Breast reduction

+1

If you have gained alot of weight and want a breast reduction, the first thing to do is go for a consultation.  The implants may be able to be removed to help decrease the volume and perhaps then the remaining breast tissue can be contoured to give you a nice breast. But without an exam I couldn't say for sure.

Changing Breasts After Implants and Weight Gain

+1

Obviously, weight gain affects not only the shape of your body, but also the size and shape of your breasts.  The additional fatty tissue is not just confined to the breast area, and can extend to the back and "bra roll" area along the side of your chest.  Options exist regarding the possibility of downsizing/re-lifting your breasts, but there are issues related to the weight gain that will not be addressed with this alone.  Also, making your breasts too small with the additional weight on your frame can lead to the breasts becoming too small and unflattering to your overall appearance. Either weight loss or the possibility of liposuction in conjunction with a breast procedure can address these issues. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine what is right for you. 

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

What to do when breasts are too large after weight gain?

+1

As you've already learned, significant weight changes definitely affect breast size and shape, even in breasts that have had prior surgeries.  Right now, you have a few options.  If your weight isn't likely to change much, and you want your breast size changed, then you could either remove your implant altogether (depends on how much breast tissue you have and what size you'd like to be now) or you could replace your current implants with smaller ones.  Either way, you may need a breast lift done at the same time. 

If you are planning to get closer to your starting weight, then you might consider waiting until then to do anything to your breasts. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

Breast Implant Exhange VS. Breast Implant Removal

+1

Regarding: "Breast Implant Reduction After Weight Gain
I Had B-lift W/implants in 2001 Weight Was 125 and Now I weigh 180 lbs and wear a 40 dd . i hate them and just want to be small small but pretty i hate the fat under my arm and my back and want new boobs that can be slimmer looking all around and up and down. what can be done at this time and would surgery be a success
?"

As I understand your question, 9 years and 55 pounds ago you had a Breast Lift and augmentation (?size of implants) which currently results in 40DD breast which you dislike and you would like to know your options.
Options:
- Do nothing (cheapest, no taking on risk of complications)
- IF your weight is stable
- have your implants exchanged for smaller implants with / without a small Breast Lift
- have your implants removed with or without a breast lift (most drastic volume change. IF a breast lift is done at the same time, it will result in the smallest perkiest breasts but has a significant risk of potential compromise of blood flow to the nipple complex).

It is best to consult with several Plastic surgeons to pick the one best for you.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea