Breast Augmentation w/ Aerola Lift - Revision Surgery?

I had B/a with aerola lift six months ago. My one areola is bigger than the other one due to a excess of areola. My P.S told me that he could get rid of it because there was a uneven amount of skin under my breast. That I'm two waait two years and he can fix it. I'm not happy as they look really un even and the the larger one looks saggy I feel like my skin isnt filled out enough. He has agreed to give me a re-op., ,Is it possible to have this done twice? Thank you for any advice

Breast augmentation

+1

Revision of breast procedures (in fact any cosmetic procedure) is not uncommon.  The areola can be reduced under local anesthesia.

Breast lift and augmentation: not what you thought

+1

From your picture I find it soemwhat concerning that you consider your breasts to not be filled out enough. They look very full to me. However, you are the one requesting the change and it si not my aesthetic. If this is something you desire, expressing your goals to your surgeon is reasonable and I am sure he/she will want to work towards a satisfactory resolution of your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Revision surgery after augmentation with a lift is common.

+1

In cosmetic breast surgery, an augmentation mastopexy (breast implants and a lift) is the most common procedure to need a revision. The difficulty arises from increasing breast volume while reducing the amount of skin and positioning of the nipple. You certainly can have a revision to correct differences between the breasts. At six months out, the majority of the changes in the breasts have settled and the discrepancies you now see are likely to be the same seen at two years. I don't see the utility in waiting a full 2 years for revision. Assuming the correction is mainly excess skin and areolar diameter, this may be amenable to correction under local anesthesia in the office.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

It is possible to perform the surgery again

+1

Thank you very much for your enquiry, you are right it is certainly possible to have the surgery performed again and this may result in slight adjustments to your areola and reduction in the uneven amount of skin under your breast.

Generally, I would advice you to wait 6 months to a year following surgery as most of the changes will occur during that time.

If you are unhappy about the appearance of your bust I think it would be sensible to schedule a consultation with your surgeon to discuss this fully.

Best wishes yours sincerely,

Adrian Richards

Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon

Surgical Director of Aurora Clinics

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation revision

+1

Looking at your frontal photo, the superior fill from your augmentation appears reasonably symmetric. The left areola is somewhat larger and the nipple slightly inferior. You can certainly have a repeat of the periareolar lift on the left side which should correct the situation adequately. This can be done quite safely and at any time.

Web reference: http://www.delucaplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-albany-ny/

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Revision of areola

+1

Hard to see the exact problem on the photos because it shows up a bit blurry. If the areola are "off"  then you can have the larger one reduced after 6 months to a year. 

Disappointing Breast Augmentation and Lift Operation

+1

Regarding:  "Breast Augmentation w/ Aerola Lift - Revision Surgery?  I had B/a with aerola lift six months ago. My one areola is bigger than the other one due to a excess of areola. My P.S told me that he could get rid of it because there was a uneven amount of skin under my breast. That I'm two waait two years and he can fix it. I'm not happy as they look really un even and the the larger one looks saggy I feel like my skin isnt filled out enough. He has agreed to give me a re-op., ,Is it possible to have this done twice? Thank you for any advice"

Without seeing your BEFORE photos, it is hard to say with certainty why you look the way you do after your procedure, but I think I know.

Like many women, you apparently think the breasts MUST be filled out completely. ("... looks saggy I feel like my skin isnt filled out enough"). That is NOT the case. Balloons and blimps are filled out - attractive breasts are not. Attractive youthful breasts have the nipple complex along a line extending through the breast to the level of the below the breast (inframammary) fold. The lower half of the breast is full and forms a gentle curve which covers the fold. The upper half of the breast is full but does not form a convex bulge, instead it has a profile of a straight line or a gentle curve to the upper chest just below the collar bone.

In your case, it appears you had a breast augmentation with a periareolar (around the nipple) lift. Your breasts are large for your frame, sagging with the nipples below the level of the breast fold. Your surgeon, probably acting upon your wishes, did not do a lollipop type breast lift which would have repositioned the nipples where they belong, reduced the areolas to an attractive 4cm or so diameter. Instead, he may have tried to lift the breasts with large implants and a periareolar lift.  A procedure which flattens the dome of the breast and cannot move the nipple up more than a few centimeters.

A revision procedure CAN be done but each surgery is associated with more scarring, more interruption of the blood supply (danger of nipple loss and wound opening up) and less predictable results. Before going to surgery, you should be sure you and your surgeon understand one another.

Dr. Peter Aldea