Can I Use Azelaic Acid While on Accutane?

I have been on accutane for 2 weeks and noticed my skin has gotten a little darker. Is it okay for me to use azelaic acid on my face once a day (at night) to counter this hyperpigmentation?

Azelaic Acid and Accutane

+1

No, this is not a good idea, unless your prescribing physician is involved in the discussion. There are many strengths of acids like this and some could cause you worse hyperpigmentation or other issues. Discuss the darkness of your skin with your doctor, and make certain you are using a good daily sunscreen every single day. Accutane makes you more sun sensitive, which could be the darkening.