Sientra: High Profile 440cc vs. Moderate Profile 435cc - what to choose?

118 lbs, 5'4, 13.1 BWD right and 13.3 BWD on left. Left nipple hangs 24cm and right 23cm Lopsided from nursing, 34C on left side and 34B on right. Needing full anchor lift + implants. Will I need different sized implants? Will PS do sizers first? Wasn't mentioned in my consultation, PS thought the majority is extra skin on left Looking for full C-full D range. Not sure which profile to go with. Not sure which would be more flattering. Tried 440HP and 435MP and don't know which I like better.

Implant type

+2

Whether you choose moderate or high profile implants will make very little difference and you should use whatever your surgeon recommends. The asymmetry is something gat will be addressed by the lift. The decision to use different size implants to correct asymmetry may be necessary but that determination is often made at the time of surgery.

Simultaneous lift to increase projection

+1
At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To go from a C to a D would require 100 cc implants and to go from a B to a D would require 200 cc implants. 400 cc implants would be much too big, would not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. However, you say you need a full anchor lift. The full anchor lift was developed in 1956 and often results in nipple numbness, the inability to breast feed and ugly vertical scars. Because of the complications of this procedure, new techniques have been developed. Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs, however, it may be possible that you would benefit from breast augmentation using circumareola lift procedure. Using this technique (not Benelli) it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Many women think large implants will create increased projection but increased projection can be achieved by simultaneous lift. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Different profile breast implants

+1

The selection of different profile breast implants will really depend upon your goals and your anatomy. This would need to be determined in person during examination.

Breast implant sizing system can help you make your decision as to size of breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. The Mentor Breast Sizing System can be very helpful by placing different sized implants into your bra to see how he would look with different sizes.

Generally speaking moderate profile plus implants create a more natural look then do high profile implants.

Your asymmetry may require a breast lift as well as breast augmentation.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, is experienced in cosmetic breast surgery and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1

if I understand your measurements your base diameter measurements are pretty close so I would not think two different implants would be necessary. And a difference of 5 cc in volume would be unlikely to make a difference. The nipple position and any minor skin or volume differences could be improved with the anchor lift. Good luck

R. Michael Johnson, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Best implant

+1

Judging from the diameters that you gave the MP implant may be a better choice since it is probably closest to your natural width. Choose that implant whose diameter is closest to your natural breast width without going over and that volume that you like.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

What style implants for my breast aug?

+1

Thanks so much for your question. I understand how confusing it can be with so many choices. I can't say without examine you but it's dependent on your natural breast width. In other words, your foot is a certain width and length. It can only fit comfortably in certain shoes. Same is true for your breast and breast implant. Hope that helps.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Measuring your breast width diameter will help answer the question

+1

Dear helpafterkids,

I recommend that you try on the implants you are considering as well as have your plastic surgeon consider your breast width diameter. Doing both of these as well as taking into consideration your goals will help you and your plastic surgeon decide which implants will provide the best result for you.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implant size

+1
Thanks for your question - hard question to answer - best answered by trying implants on in your bra - best to make this decision in person - best of luck!

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon