Can my scar be lowered? Can vertical scar somehow be corrected? (photo)

I dont like the Belly button or the dog ears that are surfacing.

Lowering tummy tuck scar

+1
Thanks for your questions and pictures. It appears that you have a good result so far. The abdominal scar looks pretty low already and based on your picture, there probably isn't enough skin to allow for furthering lowering. Scars take at least 6-12 months to mature, give the doge ears and belly buttons some time.

Can my scar be lowered? Can vertical scar somehow be corrected?

+1

The result looks to be good and the surgery well executed.  An exam would be necessary to confirm.

Can my scar be lowered?

+1

Thanks so much for your question. The short answer is yes. The scar can be lowered and the vertical scar can be revised. You may need to give things a little time to allow for relaxation of the skin. Once that occurs the the scar could be lowered further.  I hope this helps. 

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Revisions

+1

I my opinion, there is no more skin that can be removed to lower your scar further.  Similarly, the vertical scar cannot be cut out as there is no more skin to remove.  The dog ears and belly button appearance will likely improve with time, but can be revised more easily.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision

+1

the short answer is yes but only after enough time has gone by to allow the tissues to relax

An elliptical excision or series of excisions can convert the vertical portion to a line.

Discuss your concerns with your surgeon

Good luck

Michael A. Baumholtz, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon