Getting Explantation? (photo)

I had gotten saline implants about almost 2 years ago, im 20 and I was a 34B before now a 34D and I think they are arpud 400CC's under the muscle no kids, and im thinking of having them removed. usally everyone i know with implants would be flanting them and love them but for me I've never have been too happy with them I mean they look amazing but they just aren't me, could i get them removed without them sagging?

Explantation outcomes

+3

Youngperson: You'd be surprised about how resilient your skin brassiere may be, despite the presence of stretch marks.  Consider your positives: age and lack of prior pregnancies as well as lean body frame.  Balance against the "negatives": peer pressure, financial concerns, buyer's remorse, asymmetry (left nipple-areolar complex's lateral <outward> deviation).  I have had a 3 young women, whose surgeries I originally performed, like you who decided to explant and although I offered them staged deflation (controlled rupture of the saline implant) followed by explantation, all opted for explantation, after a "cooling off" period.  All three have been very happy and not regretted their decisions. If these really aren't you, have courage to proceed:)

Removing breast implants - explantation

+2

Properly fitted and positioned breast implants do not lift the breast and do not stretch or distort the breast tissues or skin. The implant is like a pillow and the tissues accommodate it and look bigger/fuller. Removing implants does not make them sag. It's just removing the pillow. In many cases the breasts should return to looking like they did when they were put in. 

However breast implants can give the appearance of a lift and removing them can make them look as if they've sagged. They may also have changed for other reasons even in two years and won't look the same as they did two years ago. Also, it appears that the implants used for your augmentation may have been too big or positioned too far medially and may have distorted your breasts such that they will not return to how they looked before the implants. 

I would still advise a simple removal which can be done under local anesthesia for minimum cost, particularly with saline-filled implants. I would then see how you feel about their look before considering another procedure. You can even have the augmentation redone later if you chose to do that. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Getting Explantation

+1

Your question is often asked, and is hard to answer. An actual exam would be helpful. The presence of stretchmarks suggests that it is more likely that your skin may not shrink as much as you would like after explant. 

I think you may experience some ptosis (sag), but the skin recovery is unpredictable enough that I would not recommend doing a lift at the time of explant, but rather to hold off for six months or so to see how much recovery will occur.

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos. Best wishes. 

Implant Removal and Breast Lift

+1

Implant removal will likely produce some droop, which can be remedied by some form of breast lift.   You should consider that the type of breast lift performed may only involve a scar around your areola but it may need to be more extensive as in a full breast lift. 

Concerns about Appearance of Breasts after Implant Removal?

+1

At this point, I think you will be best of seeking in-person consultation with a few experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. During the consultation, communicate your goals clearly. This communication process will allow you and your plastic surgeon to determine the best course of action.

Certainly, removal breast implants is possible;  whether this ( as opposed to downsizing of breast implants) is your best option will be determined during this consultation process.  Ultimately, it will be a very personal decision that only you can make.

Generally speaking what breasts look like after removal or downsizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Getting Explantation?

+1

Your breasts do look somewhat sagging now, so I suspect that when the implants are removed they may look more so. Sometimes we can be surprised at how the skin "rebounds" though, and if you are unhappy with the implants you can have them removed.  The sagging can be improved with a breast lift, though of course there will be some scars as a result, though usually the scars do well over time. Again, this can always be done later after you give your skin a chance to rebound as well as it can and assess your results.  Good luck!

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Removing implants

+1

Your breasts a bit saggy in the photos now, so I would doubt that they would not sag a bit after implant removal.