Can I Get Away with Large Breast Implants Instead of a Lift? (photo)

I want fuller larger breast's...I am currently a 32E-ee natural, and want to go to about a 32FF, I work as a model and do not want to have the scars of an uplift if this will prevent me getting work. thank you Tina

Large Breast Implants Instead Of A Lift

+2

Since a breast lift is out of the question given your line of work, the question is whether implants alone will be satisfactory. Large breast implants can be used but it is important to realize that they will not create the same effect of a lift.They will merely fill out what you have, which will mean larger round breasts but the nipple will be sitting on the lower half of the enlarged breast mound. This is an aesthetic trade-off but perhaps one that has more appeal than breast lift scars. 

No lift?

+1

Although a lift would improve the overall shape of your breasts, large implants would create the look that you are seeking and would indeed avoid the extra scarring.  In short, to achieve your desired goal, a large implant should suffice, but, your breasts may sag more rapidly with such an implant.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Can be done

+1

Tina,  you have to decide just how large you can tolerate.  Implants certainly will make you

larger and will avoid the scars of a lift.  If it will keep your job, go for it.  But there is a consequence.

Your clothes may not fit properly-smaller bottom/larger top.  You will be stretching your skin more

than it already is.  This may become a problem as you get older.  My experience with models is

that they usually want smaller breasts.  Maybe I'm not aware of more modern standards.

Another problem with large implants in sagging breasts is that the contour may be abnormal

with too much fullness of upper part of your breasts making the nipple turn down.  Of course this

can be hidden by special push-up bras.  Be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Yes, go for the implants alone

+1

In order to look like the picture you should consider a very full subglandular smooth silicone gel breast implant. We feel that lifting would be a mistake. Very large implants can pose problems, however if the look is for you you should go for it.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Implants vs lift

+1

When there is some drooping of the breasts there always appears to be the option for a lift vs just implants or both. As long as you understand the consequences of each you can certainly make up your own mind. Drooping of the breasts will continue and get worse whenever an implant is placed because there is added weight. Even if a lift is done at the same time the presence of that extra weight will give a higher chance of recurrence. BUT, with a lift there is much more scarring and the lift procedures that make smaller scars will also give a smaller lift. 

If you plan to be modeling with clothes on it probably doesn't matter whether you have a lift or implants because the clothes will hide the scars and the bra or bathing suit top will give an external lift. The problems will arise if you are doing nude modeling. There will be the potential of seeing the scars(although there is great makeup to camouflage them) or with implants you will have breast sagging.

The choice is yours, but know the consequences of the choice.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

What are the cost?

+1

I would suggest that you not have a Breast Augmentation, since you want to avoid the scars of a lift. If you do have a BAM the breast probable will not look great, they may look acceptable for most people but  you are a model and it may cause problems getting work. Your breast look good now and they look natural.  

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Large implants will make your sagging worse

+1

Your breast tissue is sitting too low and your nipple/areola complex is below the breast fold. Your will need lift for sure. Implant alone will not work and will cause more sagging. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Yes you may be able to avoid a lift and scars by getting the right breast augmentation

+1

While a lift and an augmentation are two different things, you do have certain features that would allow you to have an aesthetic result with only an augmentation.  The augmentation however must be designed specifically for your breast findings.  The key features that must be taken into account to avoid failure include the fact that you have a very wide chest wall and appear to have a very high infra mammary fold with laterally displaced breasts.  While these are the features that have probably led you to seek an intervention they are. Ery good findings for your request.  Your high infra mammary fold makes your breasts look more protocol or droopy then they actually are and the narrow breast width amplifies this appearance.  

I would recommend a technique called subfascial breast augmentation which is the best choicor models seeking a natural look and active women.  I use a technique called 'cold-subfascial augmentation' that allows the shaping and support of the iimplant inside the breast.  The key maneuvers are to lower and widen your breast footprint. By lowering your inframammary fold you will also get the appearance of a nipple lift as the nipple will then sit higher on the breast mound.  By using a breast implant that is wider then your current breast, you will centralize the breast, get excellent superior pole fullness(especially with the cold-subfascial technique) and allow your breasts to accomodate the size increase that you are after while maintaining an unoperated appearance.  I hope this helps!

ebst,

rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Large Breast Implants instead of Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full discussion of your goals,  based on the pictures that you have presented, I do not think you will have a nice result with breast augmentation surgery only. Breast lifting will be necessary to address the “excess” skin along the lower poles of the breasts  as well as the breast position on your chest wall.

Given your occupation,  you will need to consider the pros/cons of  breast lifting surgery versus the scars associated with the procedure.  If in doubt, delay having breast surgery until your life circumstances allow. It will be much better to do the operation correctly then have unsatisfactory results that you are unhappy with and/or require further surgery to correct.

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons may be helpful to you.

Large implants don't do the same thing as a lift.

+1

Large implants will certainly make your breasts bigger, but this increase in volume will occur at the low level your breasts are now at. You may get some upper pole filling with the implants, but will still need a bra to move these larger breasts to a higher level.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon