Would I Be Able to Get Away with a Donut Lift? I Dont Want the Vertical Scar from a Lolipop Lift. (photo)

Would i be able to get away with a donut lift?I can't afford time of work for 2 surgeries (TT last year & vaycay this year) and i would like to get implants plus a lift at the same time. I am aware that this increase risks. How much would you quote me just by the pictures? my nipples are much higher when they contract from the cold. I dont mine the somewhat fake look of implants. 26, 5'6, 155 lbs

Want to avoid extra scars in breast augmentation/lift

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It is hard to tell without exam.  In any case, the implants may help, but you will still need a lift.  Sometimes you may get surprised in the O.R.  I would suggest letting your board certified plastic surgeon have some room for judgement.  Talk to him/her about your goals so that you are both on the same page.  

Donut breast lift

+1

Its hard to make a comment without an examination. Generally that type of lift works well when only a small lift is needed. The starting nipple position, skin quality are also things than cannot be evaluated on a post such as this. Visit with your plastic surgeon to really get specifics on your goals. You may want to consider adding a small implant to also help with fullness.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Donut lift (mastopexy)

+1

From looking at the photos you are not a candidate for a donut lift with inplants. You will need a consultation to dedide on the mastopexy depending on the type and size of the implant that you select with your surgeon.

Ronald Iverson, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Donut Lift?

+1

A donut lift alone will not give enough lift. With implants, this will predictably result in the breast tissue draping off the implant, an unnatural and unsatisfying appearance. This is not the same as the fake look of implants that are too large.

If you choose a donut lift, you may be back a year later asking how best to correct your new breast problem.

All the best. 

Donut lift won't work for you.

+1

I have found that donut lifts can either reduce the size of the areola or lift the nipple maybe one or two centimeters (less than an inch).  It cannot do both.  Any doctor who says he/she can get you a nice result with just a donut hasn't learned this lesson (the hard way).  In my opinion, shape always trumps scars.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Beautiful breasts without implants

+1

Thank you for your photos. It appears that you are an excellent candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift. The UBL is a new technique that reshapes and lifts breasts permanently so that the lift is not temporary like your conventional vertical scar lifts. The UBL does not require a vertical scar which inherently weakens a lift. In vertical scar techniques an incision is placed at the point of maximum tension which eventually weakens the lift and widens the scar. With the UBL the inner cone and straps are the structural strength, not just the skin envelope like the other lifts. This is not a cookie cutter procedure. The UBL is designed to customize the ideal breast for every breast contour problem. The UBL makes breasts appear larger than they actually are because of the upper pole fullness achieved. Remember that the added weight of an implant will stretch the vertical incision sooner therefore requiring a lift sooner than later. You may even qualify for the Mini UBL. The MUBL does not require an inframammary incision nor a vertical one.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What type of breast lift?

+1

I think that a standard, vertical type, of breast lift would give you the best improvement in the shape of your breasts. Adding implants will help enhance the size obviously. If you like the shape of your breasts, you won't notice the scars, which continue to improve even over 2-3 years. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Donut vs Lollipop breast lift

+1

Thanks for your photos.  My recommendation would be to consider the "lollipop" mastopexy as the lower breast scars can and usually do fade nicely after a couple of years.  Most "after" pictures fail to show this as they are usually taken a few months after the surgery.  As for the donut technique, it may be effective for very subtle lifts, but the majority of them will truncate your natural breast cone and I call this a "do-not" technique.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Donut lifts fail the time test in most hands

+1

but if you are accepting of this, it will produce a good initial result.  Some doctors do have better techniques with much more internal work using the donut mastopexy and can produce good results.  Most doctors do not utilize this and rely on skin to hold things and skin will stretch out with time.  

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast lift, which technique

+1

Hi, based on your pictures I can see that you have what we call a grade 3 ptosis or sagging (nipples below the skin fold) and the treatment for that degree of sagging even with an implant is a vertical or full anchor type breast lift. a donut lift might work for lesser degrees of sagging. please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options based on your physical examination.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS