How can I stop my keloid from growing?

I have a keloid that grew from my a piercing on the upper part of my ear and I tried to remove two times with surgeries but it kept growing back and I went for laser treatment a few months ago and it went but now I think it started to grow again for the third time what can I do?

Keloids and scar treatment

+1
Our office specializes in scar revision surgery. For keloids, we recommend application of Plato's Medicinals Scar Serum followed by treatment with a combination protocol that includes IIT, topical therapy, and laser therapy. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Keloid Treatment

+1
Aggressive keloids that regrow after surgical removal require combination treatment.  A series of steroid injections into the keloid itself can help soften and flatten the lesion over time.  Sometimes, we will combine other medications with the steroids to increase their effect.  Lasers and surgical removal can also be effective, but should be done in combination with injections for the best result.

Please see your local dermatologist for an assessment and to discuss your treatment options.

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Keloid treatment

+1
To help keloids regress you can see your dermatologist and he can administer Intra lesional injections of steroids.  The most common steroid used in kenalog injections to help flatten the keloid.

Christofer Buatti, DO
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon