Will 425cc silicone implants make me bigger than my 350cc 390cc saline implants? (Photo)

Hi, I'm 5'2 97lbs and I currently have 350c saline implant on the left 390c on the right. ..I am getting a implant exchange to silicone high profile. .I said I wanted to go a little bigger like 400cc and my doc disagreed and thought I should get 450 on right and 475 left. ..I told him I felt it was to big but he said if I wanted to see a difference I would have to ..so I just decided to go with 425c in both because I am afraid of being to big for my size.will going from 350 390 going up to 425c

You need to upsize more when going from saline to silicone gel

+1
Equal volumes in saline versus gel breast implants do not look the same.  Because of this, when you switch from a saline implant to a gel, you should always go a little bigger to at least match the look of the previous saline.  And when you are going for an upsize, then you need to account for an even greater increase.  

Going up just a little (as you talk about) will probably not give you the result that you are looking for.  

I am very surprised at how much more volume my patients require when converting to gel implants especially when they are going for a little higher cup size.

I hope that helps!

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Difference in Implant Sizes for replacement

+1
To give you a visual of size difference a shot glass is about 30 cc's so 90 cc's difference is about 3 of them. 
You can put a baggy with water  in your bra using the difference of size of the two implants to see the approximate difference though this is only an estimate. So  the 475 would make more of a visible difference. There are some programs you can use - Crysalix that can give you an approximation using your photos to see the difference as well.
Probably most important is the experience of your board certified plastic surgeon that you trust.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Moving up in implant size

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  I agree with your plastic surgeon.  You will not see much of a difference moving up to 425 from in the breast that has a 390 cc implant. This implant will need to be 475 cc since you have different size implants in at this point.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Will 425cc silicone implants make me bigger than my 350cc 390cc saline implants?

+1
 Thank you for the question and pictures.  In regards to specific size/profile of breast implants, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you  with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key. Some consideration should also be given, in your case, to adjustment of the breast implant capsules;  doing so may help improve the position of the breast implants on your chest wall and in relation to the nipple/areola complexes…

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or " too big for my size" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to  revisionary breast surgery concerns), helps.