Is It Possible to Avoid a Spot During Laser Treatment?

Is it possible to have a photofacial/laser treatment on your entire face except for one small area? I have a birthmark on my face that I want to keep but I want to get rid of everything else (rosacea, acne, light scars).

Could the doctor put something over that one spot to prevent it from being removed (no lighting even) or just avoid that one spot altogether but still get close enough to it to get the surrounding skin?

Avoiding laser treatment to a birthmark

+1
CaseyCookie, it is entirely possible to avoid your birthmark whike treating the rest of your face with laser!

Good luck to you.

Avoiding a spot during laser treatment

+1

This is certainly possible but it may result in a visible transition zone from the treated to untreated area. Discuss this with your surgeon/physician. It is likely that you will need multiple treatments and the edges of the transition zone can be "feathered" to avoid a sharp demarcation.