Should I avoid sun before and after CO2laser under the eyes and for how long?

C02 laser

+1
usually I ask patient to avoid sun 3-4 weeks before Co2 laser and 6 months after procedure, sun exposure is not good for healing skiing specially after laser treatment.
good luck

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Sun avoidance after laser therapy

+1
Yes you should avoid the sun for at least 4 months after laser procedure as the skin will be more sensitive and it can cause hyperpigmentation.  Since it is virtually impossible to totally avoid the sun (you get 70% of the suns rays through the windshield of your car,  the next best thing is sun minimalization by sun screens and conducting your outdoor activity as early or as late as possible.  Avoiding the sun preoperatively for 2 to 3  weeks is also advisable.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Sunprotection and CO2 Laser

+1
You should be sun protected for at least 2-4 weeks before procedure and 3-6 months after.  No direct sunlight, as it can affect your final outcome, including the risk of scarring or permanent abnormal pigmentation.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Sun exposure and CO2 laser

+1
Yes.  That is important.  Your skin will be much more sun sensitive following CO2 laser and you will be more subject to pigmentation changes.  A very good sunscreen can help avoid these problems.  I would say to be very careful for at least a year of so.

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon