Avoid Scars After Rhinoplasty and Alar Base Reduction? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty and alar base reduction a month ago, when PS removed the tape from my nose he found a big blister under the tape in my left nostril, he told me wash the blister with water an soup 3 times a day until scab get off. Finaly scab felt down last Sunday,since then the scar looks so red and I feel a hole between my nostrill and nose tip .PS said the reason was oily skyn but I think it was the tape, dermatologist recommended visderm H 01% for 5 days and then dermatix. What u think.

Healing time for alar base reduction scarring.

+1

Whatever caused this scar with nostril rim retraction is not as important as realizing you ned to wait until the tissue is soft and movable before attempting any revision.  Six months is not usually enough time for the tissue to be soft enough.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Alar scar after rhinoplasty

+1
The scar and alar retraction are significant and it will take some time to sort out. You might have to wait six months or longer for the tip and ala to soften before planning a revision of the scar

Scarring with rhinoplasty.

+1

The scarring you have has to mature and let the swelling go away--6 months. Then you need to see your surgeon or a revision rhinoplasty specialist.