What Things Should I Avoid to Minimize Swelling After a Tummy Tuck

Things to avoid to minimize swelling after a tummy tuck in terms of diet and physical activities? I am almost 8 weeks post op and tend to notice days that I am more swollen than others. I would like to know the things to look out for as triggers.

Excess Swelling After A Tummy Tuck

+1
Salty foods are a trigger for a lot of people. YOu may want to see your regular MD and get some blood work done to determine if you have any deficiencies in your blood that are causing this swelling. Every person has different things that make them swell. Really try to think about what made you swell in the past. Also, strenuous activity can cause residual swelling several months even after surgical procedures.

Prolonged swelling after tummy tuck

+1

I would wear the binder as much as possible.  I would also recommend that you stop by the ps office when you are swelling to have the doctor check it out.

Swelling takes time to come down.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Swelling, post a tummy tuck, is common following exercising.  This will eventually subside with time when your body's lymphatics begin to drain in their usual pathways.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1

Now that you are eight weeks post tummy tuck you will probalbly notice an increase in swelliing with exercise and acitivity, and sometimes with salty food intake.