Can I Avoid a Lift when Downsizing from 450ccs to 350ccs?

I've had 450ccs high profile saline implants for 3 years but always thought they were too big. I am 5'7, 128lbs. I had 2 children prior to my augmentation & one pregnancy after my augmentation. I didn't gain any weight & my breasts didn't grow much during the pregnancy. I do notice supple softness but nothing else. I really want to downsize from 450ccs to 350ccs without a lift. I am only 29 years old & don't want the extra scarring. Will downsizing 100ccs even make a difference? I am a 34dd now..

Prevention of a lift with reducing implants by 100cc

+2

Thank you for your question. Without physically examining you, it is hard to give you a realistic outcome if you were to reduce your implant size without recommending a lift also.  Although 100cc of volume is not a tremendous amount, it will be noticeable. It would be about half of a bra cup size reduction. I agree with another surgeon below; if you want to see a big change I would recommend 175-200cc reduction. Exchanging from saline to silicone will also help as silicone tends to look a little smaller that saline of the same size and profile. I recommend finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you can feel comfortable with their guidance and recommendations. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out for you!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

Without a picture or an exam it’s very hard to give you adequate advice. 100cc is not a big difference if you want to down size. In our practice we tell our patients that 225cc equal about one cup size.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Avoid Breast lifting when Downsizing Breast Implants?

+2

As you can imagine, there are many variables involved in the decision-making process in your case;  this makes it difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination. For example, you may have lost some breast tissue volume and/or  breast skin elasticity after your final pregnancy.  Generally speaking downsizing 100 mL does make a difference, although it is difficult to predict ( especially without direct examination)  whether  this maneuver will (in and of itself)  serve to achieve your goals  and whether breast lifting will be necessary as well.

Generally speaking,what breasts look like after removal or down sizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

Ultimately, you will be best served by  in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons;  ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.