Can I avoid a lift and what size implants to stay within a B cup? (photos)

I'm 34 yrs old, breastfeed 2 kids & weight loss, 5'7", 132lbs, 31" ribcage, breast measures 12cm. 4 consulations later.. referred surgeons #1 wants to do a lift and choose size for me based on photos alone. I'm terrified of the lift & scars and submascular, (I want moderate B cup, volume back for bras without padding)! Surgeon #2, also says a lift, but is happy to go with my preferred option of subfascial moderate implants (local)... Would different implants sizes work?? Thanks in advance!

Can I avoid a lift and what size implants to stay within a B cup?

+2
In my over the internet opinion I recommend a donut lift on the right and L-shaped lift on the left and 300 cc sub muscle implants. To obtain the desired results. 

Breast augmentation

+2
Hello and thank you for your question.
It does not appear that you would need a lift. Implants alone would give you a very nice result. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Lift VS Implants

+2
I agree with my colleagues.  You can always have a lift at a later time.  If you want to be perfect, a minor lift with implants would give an excellent cosmetic result.  Discuss your options with your Plastic Surgeon, so that you are comfortable with your decision.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Grey zone

+2
When patients are absolutely against big scars I either dont do the case or dont do the lift its elective surgery. I think a subglandular anatomic implant will give you a nice shape, it wont look super perky but I have a feeling you know that and are ok with it

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Can I avoid a lift?

+2
Obviously a physical exam and a face to face discussion is needed to give a fully informed opinion. However from the appearance of your photos, you don't appear to have true breast ptosis. Your breasts have a "deflated appearance", but the nipples appear to be at or slightly above the inframammary folds. With these findings I think you can likely avoid a mastopexy. The implant size can be conservative to match your desired appearance. I personally recommend you reconsider placing implants in the dual plane (partial sub muscular) pocket. You should have a thorough discussion about all of these issues with a qualified Plastic Surgeon.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs. Breast Implants

+2
Ultimately the choice is yours.  Be certain that if you choose the breast augmentation instead of the lift, you can be happy with the ptosis (droop) only on a larger breast. Implants do not lift the breast, they add volume.  I agree with my colleagues, you can always have the lift at a later time if you so choose.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lift???

+2
Although your areolas may look a bit low, I see no necessity for a lift with your implants.  It may be that the areolar position might be more bothersome to you with larger breasts, and in that case a lift could always be done as a secondary procedure. If your breasts are different sized, using different implants may be an option, but that is not over the internet advice. 

All the best. 

Implants or lift?

+2
Based on your pictures, I would say that you have lost some volume in the upper portion of your breasts but the basic shape of your breasts is okay.  The addition of breast implants should replace your lost volume and give you a nice result.  I really don't think you need a breast lift.  Of course, you could always have the implants and, if you are not happy with your results, you have not burned any bridges.  You could always come back and have a breast lift later.  Still, I really don't think you need one.

As for what volume to use, I think questions about size are best answered in consultation with the examining plastic surgeon who can assess your goals and needs and discuss what he/she thinks will work best for you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD