Need to Avoid Fillers in the Low Nasolabial Folds Area?

It's diificult to describe the area w/out a photo; but I mean the paranthese that curves from the upper part of the fold..? I've been told this creates a simian effect.

Nasolabial fold injections of filler

+1

It is certainly fine to inject fillers such as restylane or perlane or juvederm into the nasolabial folds. Everything can be done in measured steps to achieve a great result.

Fillers in the upper part of the nasolabial folds

+1

I think you mean the area next to the nose. If that is the case the bone in this area recedes about 5mm with agin. To counteract this you have to inject filler at a deeper level in this area rather than just under the skin.

Aaron Stone, MD