Trying to Avoid Explant Deformity? (photo)

I had a BA 3 months ago. I believe that my PS did not construct the pockets properly, and as a consequence my implants did not drop. He tells me that my implants did not drop because of scar tissue and fluid buildup, but when I squeeze each breast, it feels empty, as if nothing is in the space. I want to explant but am worried that if I do in fact have scar tissue, I will be completely deformed. I was a 32A prior to surgery and am now a 34C. What is the best technique to avoid this problem?

Correcting breast implants

+1

At this point, you'll most likely need to have the implants removed and the pocket adjusted/made lower in order to get a better shape to your breasts.  Also, different shaped implants might be better for you. 

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_BreastAugmentation_865362.aspx

Implant removal

+1

It is very difficult to predict the final result when implants are removed. Usually after a healing period the breasts will go back to be similar to where they started perhaps with some more laxity as they have been stretched out.  Hard to predict exactly.

Options after 3 months

+1

Several things should be mentioned in relation to this situation at 3 months. 

Properly positioned implants do not "drop". This is an illusion related to the softening and settling of the tissues in the lower pole of the breast. They should be properly positioned from the start, healed there, and the tissues soften/settle. Unless there is indeed a pocket of blood/scar tissue or fluid on both sides, simple removal of the implants at this point should allow them to go back to looking like they did before the procedure. 

Although it's possible the implants weren't positioned correctly or they didn't heal in the correct position for some unexpected reason, it's more likely that the implants were too big/wide for the width of breast and a pocket dissection within the width of the breast, and therefore they ended up migrating to where there is more space as in the space under the pectoralis muscle above the breast. They sometimes stretch out the lower pole of the breast and bottom out as in another case seen in this week's questions. 

Three months isn't enough time to be sure, but removing the implants and starting over is always an option. The other would be to release the lower pole pocket of the implant and rethink the proper width implant that will fit it. 

I expect to see more of this problem as the fitting of breast implants continues to be misunderstood by many and the trend is to high profile and big volume implants. Breast tissues are more accommodating but think what would happen if an orthopedic surgeon didn't know how to size a hip implant and put one in that was too big for the proper position it's supposed to occupy. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant explant

+1

There are many variables, position of the implant, type of implant, size of implant. Possible capsular contracture? will be concerned about why you have "fluid" around the implant.You need a fresh look at the breast and reevaluation. Get a second opinion from a Board certified Plastic Surgeon. With explantation  it is very difficult to predict the final results without a good exam