Can I Avoid a Donut Lift if I Get Bigger Implants? (photo)

Original saline, smooth 300cc on L breast,400 on R breast.Mild symmastia and capsular con. on R breast.2nd surgery 350cc textured on R.Symmastia was not repaired as promised.I want to switch to silicone.I consulted with a handful of docs,but the one doc that seemed the most logical suggested a donut lift on left breast,but I don't want to have a donut lift.My quest.-If I get a bigger implant like a 400cc- 500cc,would I be able to avoid a donut lift?I love how my left breast has a natural looking slope.

Can I Avoid a Donut Lift if I Get Bigger Implants?

+1

Hi mommysuperstar007, thank you for posting your question and photos. I think there is room for improvement but I don't think that choosing a larger implant size will give you the results you want.

From your photos, it looks like the R breast is larger, positioned higher on the chest wall and has a smaller areola. I do not see any symmastia in the photos. To make your breasts more symmetric, I would recommend a smaller implant on the R side, elevating the inframammary fold (the fold below the breast) on the L side and doing a "donut lift" on the L side to decrease the size of the areola slightly and make it more like the R side. Silicone implants tend to look and feel more natural than saline so I would agree with your choice to switch to silicone. Good luck to you!

Correction of Breast Asymmetry After Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your photos.

It seems that you may not benefit with a doughnut lift as well as deciding to go larger with your gel implants.

Without pre-op pictures and physical examination, it is a little hard to provide you with a solid advise on how to go about the mild symmastia you exhibit. Nonetheless, a correction of where your implants are currently via an internal lift may provide you with good results and preserve the natural slope of your breasts (especially the left one).

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry and implants.

+1

From the photos provided, your nipples are already too high in relationship to the implants. A lift is only going to worsen this position. If anything, the implants appear too low. Larger implants are likely to cause more inferior malposition, reduce the "natural slope", and worsen any synmastia (it's not obvious in the photos, but may be "dynamic") that is present. Correction of the implant position, with or without ADM would be the first step. If there is an inherent asymmetry between nipple position once the implants are in proper position, then the question becomes whether or not improved symmetry in nipple position is worth the scars that are required.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

THe issues you have are better understood by in person evaluations. In my opinion you have many surgical caused issues and some where anatomic. In order of what the photos demonstrate. Asymmetry, off sided inframammary fold, volume differences, etc. 

Strategy to correct breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

Hello.  I don't think that going to larger implants will help you.  The right breast implant is riding higher than the left implant, either because of a capsular contracture or a natural difference between the breasts.  It also appears that the nipple and areola sit higher on the right side  If the implant on the right side is lowered to match the left, there will be too much space visually between the bottom edge of the areola and the fold under the breast relative to the other side.  One potential strategy would be to lower the position of the right nipple with a reverse periareolar mastopexy.  This is somewhat tricky.  Seek a highly experienced plastic surgeon who does lots of revisional breast surgery.

John Q. Cook, MD

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

+1

From the photos it appears that you still have capsular contracture on the right side. You also have asymmetry with regard to your areolar position. You do have mild symmastia on the right side. Getting a bigger implant is unlikely to resolve your current issues and may make symmastia harder to correct. A donut lift on the left breast also will not improve your appearance. It will make the left implant appears lower when the left areola is elevated. It's hard to make specific recommendations with photos alone. Keep getting consultations until you find the right solutions.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift?

+1

I agree with the rest of the docs, it appears that you have a fold asymettry caused by your implants bottoming out. You need a more thorough examination and consultation, but there are many better options, including a Strattice Internal lift and /or a capsul plication. Good luck and see a few more doctors.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

You do not nee lift

+1

I do not see any need for any kind of lift. You have asymmetry and implant position has exaggerated it. Your right implant is bottoming out and nipple lift will make it worse, Do not go with bigger implant which will make the situation worse. You need to have pocket revision and I would like to see your before surgery pictures.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, it appears that the biggest issue that you have is the asymmetry of your folds. It looks as if the right breast fold has been lowered already and any further attempt would likely give you a double bubble. The left breast needs to be elevated with internal suturing to help improve (but will not fully correct) your asymmetry. Also, you would need an adjustment on the implant volumes to ensure that you have a more symmetric result.  After these things were complete, then I would evaluate the need for a periareolar lift on the left.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Large Implants Will Not Provide A Necessary Breast Lift

+1

Good Morning and thank you for your photos.  You demonstrate a number of asymmetries with your breasts all of which require a very different approach to address.  To begin with, I would not advise placing a larger implant in an attempt to 'lift' the left breast.  Here are my observations based on your photos:

1. Your right breast appears to be in a better position than your left breast.  The left breast is positioned far too low (think of the breast as a simple circle.  The nipple should be positioned so that it is in the center of the circle).  To address this, you would benefit from re-positioning the left breast so that the fold is higher. A lift on the left would also be recommended to improve the symmetry

2. The right breast implant is larger than the left breast implant.  Changing one of the implants to improve size symmetry.

3. The left areola is larger than the right.  To reduce the left areolar size, a Donut type mastopexy would be necessary.

Depending on your what you want to achieve, any of these procedures (or a combination of them) would be beneficial.  

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon