Should I Avoid Activity to Allow an Open Belly Button to Heal After Umbilicoplasty Stitches Dehisced?

Years ago I had a tummy tuck. My belly button stalk was lost. The surgeon wouldn't repair it. I recently had an Umbilicoplasty. It turned out well, but after 4 days the stitches ripped out. My MD said he will redo it, but it needs to heal. He said there is an opening into the abdomen, I'm to bandage w/Neosporin daily, no lifting. Will other exercise delay healing w/too much movement? It's been 3 weeks, there's no infection, I don't have diabetes. Should I be concerned?

Activity Level post surgery

+1

It is understandable to have some degree of concern after your experience with complications. However, your surgeon seems to be paying proper attention to your care. You would be best off following his instruction on postoperative care including activity level.

Reduce your activity after a complication

+1

If your suture pulled after an umbilical revision, things may be clean and well, but your level of activity has to take into account the need for the area to heal without stress to the tissue. The suture dehiscence is a frustration and warning to heed after the second go at a fix.

Activity after Umbilicoplasty Complication?

+1

Considering the complication you have experienced, some concern/anxiety is to be expected. However, it sounds  like your plastic surgeon is following you carefully and has a plan to revise the resulting scar. Given that he/she knows your situation best, I would suggest you follow his/her recommendations in regards to activity.