Inches Lost After Tummy Tuck w/ Lipo?

What is an Average Number of Inches Lost from Waist and Hips After a Tummy Tuck with Hips Lipo ? My measurements are waist-37, hips 47, what is a realistic expectation after procedures?

Each case is different.

+2

It depends on your bone structure, amount of fat and extra skin.  This is a hard question to answer since we all come in different shapes and sizes.  You should schedule a consult with a board certified PS and see what expectations are reasonable for your unique situation. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Inches lost after TT

+2

We typically don't measure that after this surgery.  As long as the result looks good the measurement is less relevant.  Sometimes the result looks good but the goal in measurement loss wasn't met so it was irrelevant.  Some patients will tell you what they lost but it would be quite rare for a plastic surgeon to tell you what number to expect.

Web reference: http://www.doctormeade.com/plastic-surgery-procedures/tummy-tuck/

How many inches will you lose after tummy tuck and lipo?

+1

That is an interesting question, but one that does not have a good answer. The success of a tummy tuck or liposuction is not based on any magic number of "inches lost". I think what you are asking is how much you can expect your figure to change, or how much your waist-to-hip ratio will change. During a tummy tuck, your abdominal muscles are tightened, and excess skin and soft tissue are removed. This has the ability make your waistline smaller, or give a more hour-glass figure. Liposuction of your hips will decrease the volume of fat there, but may or may not change your "number" depending on where the liposuction is done. The best way to figure out if your expectations will be met by surgery is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in person and discuss your goals. Good luck!

Inches after tummy tuck

+1

Without seeing a picture, this is difficult to answer.  The factors that affect your waistline include the amount of diastasis rectus and pooching you have, the thickness of your abdominal skin, where you care that skin, and the nature of your love handles.  A well designed abdominoplasty addresses all these areas and thus reduces these measurements.  Your surgeon at a consultation can give you a better idea, but the most important goal of the operation is to globally improve your shape and form and not necessarily just remove inches.  Good luck.  You can go to my website to see animation about tummy tucks in general. 

Web reference: http://www.tarrantplasticsurgery.com

Shape improvement is the goal rather than inches

+1

The goals with all body contouring Plastic Surgery is to achieve improved proportions and shape. This often is accompanied by "inches lost" but should not be your focus. Your surgeon will use the shape and proportion of the area as one of the important endpoints during surgery. Along the same train of thought, do not focus on weight loss with these procedures either. Getting rid of loose skin and fat from the lower abdomen during a "tummy tuck" often results in a weight loss of just a few pounds. Liposuction to get rid of saddle bags or extra on your hips can make a very noticeable improvement but result in a just a few pounds of weight change.

Good luck!

Dr. Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Body dimensions after tummy tuck

+1

I have never measured a patient before and after tummy tuck surgery - I take a lot of photos, and the reduction in waist dimensions is evident- but no measurements are taken. No reason to make them.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/tummy_tuck.php

Inches Lost After Tummy Tuck w/ Lipo?

+1

Regarding: "Inches Lost After Tummy Tuck w/ Lipo?
What is an Average Number of Inches Lost from Waist and Hips After a Tummy Tuck with Hips Lipo ? My measurements are waist-37, hips 47, what is a realistic expectation after procedures
?"

The answer you are looking for does not exist because we rarely operate on the "average patient" (you know..the one having 2.4 children, driving a 3.5 year old GM car, buys her groceries and average of 3.4 miles from her house - you get the point). The amount of waist narrowing would depend on
- the extent of muscle tightening by liposuction
- the aggressiveness of waist liposuction

Since people are highly variable in their anatomy and surgeons change their surgical techniques from patient to patient and do NOT look for this number, it would be hard to report it. I can tell you that many women lose at least one dress size, if not more, with these procedures.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Size change after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

It is hard to predict size change and weight loss after tummy tuck and liposuction.  Indeed, these are body contouring procedures and the goal would be to achieve an improved overall shape or contour.  These procedures are not an exact science and  there is no linear correlation to predict "inches lost" off waist size or weight loss in general.

Inches lost after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

I can not put a number on the average inches lost after a tummy tuck and liposuction. I am looking for contour improvement more than anything.