On Average, Do More People Get Bigger or Smaller As They Recover from Breast Augmentation?

I have heard that they make appear bigger through "Drop and Fluff" BUT I have also heard that they might appear smaller after swelling goes down. I understand that it is different for different people, but.... On average which do they appear to do more? I love mine now and they look really full. Wondering how they might recover.... Pre-op: 33A Ribcage: 28 Height: 5'9'' Weight: 135 Size implant: 250cc Style: Mentor High Profile Silicone under the muscle Incision: Infra-mammary fold

Breast size after augmentation

+1

More people get smaller after one year post augmentation.The change is usually small and not enough to require more surgery.

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Breast size will slightly decrease as swelling subsides after breast augmentation.

+1

The absolute breast size will decrease slightly as swelling decreases after breast augmentation. The swelling will also artificially supports the volume of the implant on the chest wall.

Breasts Seem Smaller or Larger with Time after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Generally, patients who are very pleased initially tend to be very happy with the outcome of the procedure in the longer term as well.

In my practice, I do see the phenomenon of “drop and fluff” all the time. In other words, as breast implants “settle” into their final position over the first several months after surgery, the breast generally do seem to be larger to the patient.

Therefore, I would suggest that you do not worry and ENJOY  the outcome of the procedure performed.

Breast Augmentation recovery

+1

You will have the size decrease as the swelling subsides but the shape will become more natural and the feel will become softer if you heal with out complications.

Good luck!!!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Healing after breast surgery, breast augmentation

+1

healing after breast surgery, breast augmentation

over the first three months , the shape will generally change, soften and become more natural

usually the volume decreases as swelling diminishes