What is the Average Downtime for Cheek Implant Patients?

I am a slender blond with very fair skin. Age has robbed me of fat in my cheeks leaving me looking gaunt. How long will I have to be away from work? I'd rather my co-workers not know about the surgery.

Recovery after cheek implants

+1

It will take two to three weeks for swelling to adequately resolve so co-workers will not be aware of your cheek implant surgery. Results will continue to improve for several months.

Allow two weeks for cheek implant recovery

+1

The average downtime after cheek implants is usually two weeks. The full swelling takes at least a month before it settles down and patients enjoy their new cheek augmentation. Two weeks is adequate time to get back into the workplace environment without anybody detecting that anything has been done. A prednisone dose-pak may also help if started one day prior to the surgery to keep the swelling at a minimum.

Down time after cheek implants

+1

The average down time after cheek implants is about three weeks for the noticeable swelling to resolve. The numbness from placing the implants can last several months or so. As far as eating and drinking normally, we typically restrict our patients to a soft diet for one week. You might get by with most of the swelling being gone in two weeks if you are a fast healer and depending upon the size of the implants you use. There are also injectable fillers out there like sculptra and radiesse which may offer you a non-surgical alternative with little or now downtime. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon