What is the Average Cost of Repairing Gauged Ear Lobes?

I've had my ears gauged at 7/16in or 11mm for about 3-4 years now. I was wondering what the average cost for repair surgery runs around, and also I would like to know the most recommended procedure. Does the amount of time the ears are stretched have anything to do with the results after the procedure? Or is the procedure always successful?

Ear lobe gauge repair cost in Salt Lake City

+1

In our office we charge $250 for small repairs, such as a torn out or elongated piercing from large earrings. For larger holes due to gauges, which require signficantly more work, we charge $400-$500 per ear.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Earlobe gauge repair cost

+1

The cost does vary quite a bit from surgeon to surgeon. It is a pretty simple procedure for an experienced plastic surgeon regardless of how much the lobe is stretched out. The nice thing about the earlobe is that a fair amount of it can be discarded and still make a nice looking earlobe. I typically charge $300 to $400 per side. The procedure only takes about half an hour. Many of those requesting the procedure are young men who want to enlist in the military, so I like to help them out by charging a reasonable amount. Some surgeons carge as much as $1000 per lobe, which is obscene in my opinion.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Gauge earlobe repair

+1

The repair of a widened earlobe hole from the  insertion of gauges is not uncommon.   The procedure involves the use of common plastic surgical techniques.  The cost will of course vary from city to city.   In Atlanta I would expect it to be in the $750 to $1,000 range per ear.  I have included a video on this procedure.   

Gauged Ear Lobe Repair?

+1
Thank you for the question.  There are many good board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You should do your due diligence by checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Only by visiting the surgeon's website or office will you learn of his/her specific experience and skill. You will find that costs will vary from one practice to another.
The  repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.

Cost of Earlobe Repair

+1

The cost of earlobe repairs varies widely from city to city and also depends on precisely what is being done and ranges fro $600 to $1,800 per ear my area.  

Earlobe repair and earlobe reshaping procedures are done in the office under local anesthesia.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Cost of repairing gauged earlobes

+1

Gauged earlobe can generally be repaired in the office under local anethesia.  The fee will depend on how large the earlobes have been dilated and subsequently how long it will take to perform the surgery.  The average cost for repairing gauged ears in my practice has been from $750 to $1500 for both ears.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Costs vary from surgeon to surgeon.

+1

I charge $500 per ear for the average earlobe repair.   If there are complicating factors such as keloids or other concerns, this price could vary considerably.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Video on earlobe repair and discussion of earlobe repair costs

+1

I read some of the pricing on this page. I would think that most of the estimates are rather low. I charge in the range between 3-4000 for both ears when an earlobe plastic surgery reconstruction is done.  For one ear it ranges between 2-3000. It does depend on the severity of the hole that is being repaired. But after gauging, the flaps are large and this is not an easy procedure that is if you want a great result. I think if you don't really care about the outcome a great deal then you might consider choosing a less expensive route. But you do get what you pay for sometimes.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Dr Young specializes in Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery and is located in Bellevue near Seattle, Washington

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gauged Earlobe Repair

+1

I typically charge around $1800 to repair both sides after ear gauging.  This price may change depending on the specifics.  Size of the ear gauge isn't necessarily one of the deciding factors.

Ear gauge repair is done under local anesthesia and you can drive home afterward.  The earlobe will never be "perfect" once it has been gauged; however, most of the time the result is so close to normal that only close inspection reveals the scars.  Typically the shape and size after surgery is consistent with an earlobe that never had been gauged.

And, as mentioned, the length of time since the ear was first gauged is of no significance.  The size of the gauge will likely play a role.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Earlobe Repair

+1

In my practice, for a torn earlobe, I charge $600 for one and $900 for both, assuming they are done under local anesthetic.   For a gauged earlobe that is more stretched, I would likely charge a bit more, but would need to evaluate your ears in order to give a better estimate.  Good luck.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon