What is the Average Cost of a Dental Crown Compared with Porcelain Veneers?

Porcelain Veneers and Crowns are essentially the same cost

+1

In my office the fees for Porcelain Veneers and Crowns are basically the same cost. From a procedural standpoint they are both similar in that  they require impressions, temporaries and insert appointments. The expertise needed to make an esthetically pleasing Porcelain Veneer may actually be greater than that  for a Crown by both the Ceramist and Dentist alike.

Paramus Cosmetic Dentist

Venner vs Crown Cost

+1

In my office there is no cost difference between a crown and a veneer.  I have always felt that it is best to provide the right service and that the cost should not be the deciding factor as to which course of treatment to select.

Daniel Beninato, DDS
Omaha Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers and crowns are priced the same

+1

porcelain veneers and crowns are the same fee..both procedures involve basically the same technique, from preparation to impression and insert..the difference is the amount of tooth structure the porcelain will be covering..both procedures involve expertise and an excellent lab tech that will understand the dentist's instructions

Steven Glassman, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Dental Crowns vs Porcelain Veneers

+1

Great question. In recent years, the line between what is a crown, veneer, clamshell veneer, or veneer/onlay has blurred. It is best to design the best restoration to accomplish the goal, be it esthetics, improved function, reconstruction, or all of the above. With that in mind, it makes sense that the fee for porcelain restorations be the same regardless of how much tooth structure is covered. 

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer Cost versus Crown Cost

+1

It is becoming more common to see both Porcelain crowns and veneers charged the same fee.  Including the lab fee on average you should expect to pay $1,200 - $2,000 per tooth depending on where you live.  

Dan Haas, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Veneers Vs Crowns

+1

In my office the cost is almost the same for either procedure. The reason veneers are the same cost as a crown is NOT because they have the same cost to me (overhead). The overhead to do a single veneer is actually higher than for a single crown but the justification for charging the same is that usually multiple veneers are done at the same time which then lowers the per unit cost but crowns are often done one at a time.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Veneers vs Crowns

+1

In my office they are the same price...Why? I want to make the decision what is best for the patient not based on cost. They cost about the same and it takes a quality lab tech to make them look beautiful.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Too Close to Call!

+1

The cost difference in my office is about $200 and I don't even know why.  Quality veneers cost as much as quality crowns do from my lab and quite honestly, in some cases, can be more difficult to do.  In some cases I mix and match veneers and crowns and really should charge the same fee for either.  It takes a very talented ceramist to make them match.

Joseph W. Worthington, DDS
Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist