How Normal is 150 Cc Dark Blood Drainage in 5 Days?

I had a tummy tuck done the 10th, 12 days ago. In the past 5 days, I have drained the left drain once for 50cc and once for like 10cc from a light red blood fluid. The right one I emptied three times at 50 cc and once at like 20cc and it is dark red. I had a little bit of blood leak from the tube the other day in my sleep, but it stopped. I have little pain I guess, getting up and into the car is a little painful but i'm off pain meds. I wont see my Dr. until thursday

Post Operative questions

+1

should be handled by your surgeon.   When you are in the acute post-operative recovery period, you should keep your surgeon in the loop as to what you are thinking and what questions you have.  Your surgeon was there and they can evaluate you for any problems.  Much better than getting speculative answers here.

Drainage following a tummy tuck.

+1

It is not unusual to have different drainage amount and quality after a tummy tuck. Also, drainage from where the tube enters the skin is also common. What should happen is a reduction in the drain amount as the days go by. Keeping accurate records of how much drainage occurs daily is very important. Be sure to bring this information to your surgeon's office for your scheduled appointments.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Drainage post tummy

+1

This is not unusualk so hang tight.Once the drainage is less than 25-30 cc's per 24 hours the drains can come out.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bloody drainage in the tube after tt

+1

This close after tummy tuck, your numbers are reasonable.  Remain hydrated and follow instructions.  Sounds like you are doing well.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Amount of drainage 10 days after a tummy tuck

+1

The amount of drain output will vary in everyone from side to side.  Each patient is unique in terms of how much they will drain as well.  The volumes that you have are not concerning at this point provided everything else looks well.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Bloody drainage after tummy tuck

+1

The volume of drainage at this stage is not overly concerning.  The amount of drainage in my experience is related to how big of a person you are, how large the area is that was undermined and how active you are.  The dark colored blood may be the result of a draining hematoma.  Usually, the drainage decreases in volume and gets lighter in color over the first week or so.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Drain Output after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Your description of the drain output after tummy tuck surgery does not sound concerning. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to provide you with more meaningful advice or reassurance. If in doubt, always best to check with him/her.

+1

It is more than average at this stage, but not alarmingly so. This question is best addressed to your surgeon, who knows what was done and has followed your recovery. If an earlier visit is needed, your doctor will tell you. All the best.