Do I Need Implants with my Breast Lift? My Breasts Are Saggy and Empty Looking.

My breasts used to be double Ds when I weighed 215lbs. I lost 90lbs in one year and now weigh 125lbs. I wear a C cup but my breasts are small, saggy and empty. My surgeon said if I get just a lift that I will end up with an A cup and flat. I want to be a full B cup but no bigger as I am a small girl. I do not have much breast tissue to work with and am completely flat on top. It all sags to the bottom. I am 28 and have one child. Do I need implants or is there another way?

Implants

+1

The loss of volume that you describe with the ptosis is very common after weight loss. The best method for correction is with implants and a lift.

Implants and lift or mastopexy or augmentation mastopexy

+1

implants and lift  or mastopexy or augmentation mastopexy

1. you will most likely need volumn
  2. an implant is most common
  3. fat transfer is an option
  4. when in doubt do this in two stages

Implants with lift

+1

This is a tough call.I dont think you will go from a C to an A with a lift but it is very easy to put in a small impolant at the time of the lift say a 150-200 cc implant or you could wait a few months.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Implants with my Breast Lift

+1

You are to be congratulated on the accomplishments so far!

With a lift, the amount of tissue removed should be quite small. If you are currently a C cup, I am not sure why a lift would decrease your size to an A.

It is hard to advise without an in person evaluation or at least photos, but from your posting I would be inclined to offer a lift alone.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Do I need implants with a breast lift?

+1

Congratulations on your stunning weight loss. 90 pounds in one year is outstanding.

Regarding your breast, I think implants will give you the fullness you seem to want, and an uplift will simply lift and tighten the skin you already have along with elevating the nipple/areolar complex. With weight loss like your have experienced, there is too much deflation to achieve any appreciable volume without a implants. You can opt for small implants if you like.

See your PS and have him place sizers on you in a bra and then put a T-shirt on and try to determine the implant size that meets your goals. Mentor has software that can help you with this as well.

Good luck, and I'm sure you will be elated with your result. 

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with Strat

+1

Dear Malli,

Thank you for the question and congratulations on the weight loss. If you're happy with the size of your breasts at the present time, then lifting them will likely make you a little bit smaller. If you're contemplating having implants, you need to be evaluated in person to assess your idea of what the final size and outcome should be. In selected patient I like using Strattice as an internal bra which also provides a small amount of volume. Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Unfortunately, one of the downsides that patients report with weight loss is the change in size and position of their breasts. Most patients who undergo this significant amount of weight loss, benefit from breast lifting as well as breast augmentation surgery. Without breast  implants is unlikely that you will be pleased with the resulting breast  size or fullness.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with breast surgery; ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures very helpful in the communication process;  I ask patients to bring in pictures of what they would like to look like and pictures of what they consider to be too big or too small… 

Are breast implants needed

+1

If you are unhappy with your current volume, then an implant may be needed with your lift procedure.   Depending on the severity of your sagging, your surgeon will recommend either a one-stage augmentation and lift or a two-staged augmentation and lift.   Please visit w/ a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Question about breast implants in addition to a breast lift

+1

Without photos, it is impossible to at least partially assess your situation and make an appropriate recommendation. Furthermore, it is unclear what you think a "B" really is and if this is truly what you want.

Realize that when a breast lift is performed, you will have a smaller and more compact volume. Add to this your "deflated: assessment of your breasts and this all edges to support of the usage of implants but ...

You should see at least 2 reputable board certified plastic surgeons who can also examine you and then provide you potentially with more relevant recommendations.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Natural Breast Augmentation

+1

If you are truely against breast implants, you should look into natural breast augmentation with fat grafting.  You can use those stobborn areas that are around your abdomen and have the fat transferred to an more desirable area, the breasts.  You do have to be at your ideal weight a little more and not looking to lose any additional weight.  You can go up about one cup size this way.  A lot of women have their implants removed and fill the empty space with natiral fat for a mroe desirable appearance.  We were the first in Illinois to practice this method.  Please see attached video.