Bleeding from Seroma after Male TT?

The 24th my drains came out 14 days post op. The 25th I woke up bloated and swollen. I went to see the doctor but the assistant attempted to drain the "seroma" but not much came out. He attempted to let fluid out through the drain opening but not much came out. He said it was because it had to soften? Last night I did the same thing he did but a lot of blood came out throughout the night. This morning of the 26th a little blood is still coming. The swelling went away. Should i be concerned?

Post Tummy Tuck Bleeding

+1

Thank you for your question. I suggest having your site evaluated with the surgeon, and they can evaluate for the amount of drainage, blood, and tenderness at the area of concern. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding from Seroma after Male TT

+1

I would not be concerned because whatever it was, is gone. It sounds like it was a seroma that was trying to form. Perhaps there was some blood in the seroma and the trauma of attempting to remove the fluid created some more bleeding. Either way, it sounds like it is completely resolved. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Bleeding from Seroma after Male TT

+1

Most likely you should not be concerned. The bleeding itself probably occurred some weeks ago, but only now is the clotted blood draining. Do let your surgeon know, and he can decide whether or not you should be seen before your next scheduled visit. All the best. 

Bleeding after Tummy Tuck

+1

An old hematoma liquefying could explain all of these observations and would not be dangerous.   Confirm with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male tummy tuck Los Angeles, CA

Seroma post tummy

+1

This is unusual.If the blood is dark like currant jelly this means it is old whereas if it is bright red blood this may indicate new bleeding but this is most unusual.i suspect it is old blood.Compression would help.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding and seroma after tummy tuck

+1

Bleeding and seroma formation after tummy tuck are well described.

Drains seem to help, as do application of Artiss (a tissue sealant) during the time of surgery (an option if you should require revisional surgery to drain your hematoma.

That being said, some patients just form seromas.  We have found that opening the central lower incision and placing a Penrose drain often helps chronic seroma formers.  Occasionally a revision is necessary when all the healing is done, but it can be a difficult problem to treat any other way.

Brent Moelleken, MD