Upturned Nose, and Other Concerns, 3 Months Post Op Unsure if It is Due to Swelling?

3 months ago I had a rhinoplasty for a straight profile and shave down the right side of nose for less asymmetrical appearance also a tip graft for a slimmer tip, but now the tip is short looking an has a upturned look on my profile, will my nose turn down? does a hump make the tip appear less bulbous ? also will the bridge stay as wide? also if I decide revision to put my hump back on, could i achieve my old nose or would it just get worse? is this nose now worse then my old one?

Upturned nose after rhinoplasty

+1

We can't tell clearly from your photo, however after three months it is unlikely that the tip will drop. Whether you like the result or not, or your surgeon for that matter is a question of aesthetic judgment. Planning and understanding of the proper goal is so important. At this point you should wait things out as going back to your old nose is not easily done, however improving on what you have with care is possible.

Upturned Nose, and Other Concerns, 3 Months Post Op Unsure if It is Due to Swelling

+1

Your early result at 3 months looks good.  You will undergo much swelling off and on for at least 6 months to 1 year until the final shape settles down. followup with your Plastic Surgeon.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Marked Improvement at 3 Months Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Rest assured that your nose even at 3 months is well balanced and is improved over the nose from before surgery.  I think the area that is probably bothering you is the area above the tip.  If this area were to be thinned out, this would change the appearance quite a bit.  This area may just be swollen.  The width of the nose has likely not reached its smallest point, and the tip has not either.  Give yourself several more months and followup with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA