Uneven Nipples?

5 weeks ago had anchor lift with nipple reduction with 220cc implant replacement (removed PIP implants) they looked fine until I started applying Vit E oil & taping with Micropore they became itchy & the tape left sticky residue, i tried rubbing residue off in shower & now 1 nipple is quite sore & now looks alot bigger then the other... Have I ruined my nipple surgery or will this go back to normal? & should I avoid taping & just use vit E oil or something else?

Uneven Nipples after Breast Lift

+3

You are likely having an allergic reaction to topical cream and tape. This has caused the Nipple Areola to swell on that side and is likely the cause of asymmetry.

If the Nipple Areola was symmetrical before you started applying cream and tape then you have not ruined the result and should look fine once the reaction has subsided.

Uneven Nipples?

+1

Since you have had some reaction to either the tapes or the vitamin E, it would be wise to stop them both. Since there has been some change in your breast appearance, seeing your surgeon would also be my recommendation. Based on your surgeon's exam you will get a suggestion about which product to use and when to start.;  All the best. 

Reactions to Vitamin E or Tape after Breast Lift

+1

This is probably an allergic reaction.  You should stop putting anything on the area and call your surgeon.

Breast lift and taping

+1

If you are having problems wi th taping and irritation, it may be a good idea to stop using them. I would suggest you see your surgeon to make sure everything is OK.

Concerns after Mastopexy Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question, but it will be much better for your plastic surgeon to evaluate you, make an accurate diagnosis of exactly what is going on, and advise you based on this examination. Otherwise, online consultants can only speculate and potentially provide you with incorrect or confusing advice.

Uneven nipples.

+1

I would suggest you talk to your plastic surgeon. The sorenes could be cause by a couple of different things, but infection is the biggest concern.  I don't believe you have ruined your result based on what you're saying, but you might need an intervention or a procedure later if you become dissatisfied with the ultimate outcome. It's better talk to your surgeon sooner as opposed to later. Best of luck - Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD