Is this how I'm suppose to look? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck to correct my gatrochisis - I am a slim build and didnt have much fat it was mainly to correct the birth defect. My upper abdominal now looks bulky when it was flat pre op and I have some areas of flabbiness (hips) I did have seromas but the ultrasound showed they were extremely small and one resolving what do you think is the cause of this? Does my result look normal?

Tummy tuck results

+1

Thanks for your question and photos. It is way too soon to evaluate your post op result - wait 2-3 months prior to questioning your result. I am hopeful that it will be fine.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck result worries

+1

Hi there,

I can see what you are worried about - but you look as though the tummy tuck was very recent. It takes months for the swelling to go down.

The right advice for you is to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and wait at least 6 months from surgery to make a judgement. At that time, if there are areas of concern, then you will need to discuss with your surgeon.

I think the surgery looks nicely done, but in any tummy tuck the occasional minor touch up is needed. My guess is that it is going to turn out well. If it turned out to need as little touch up, then your surgeon will take care of that I am sure.

All the very best. Get well, resume exercise, be patient ( I know it's hard), and feel reassured.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Is this how I'm suppose to look after tummy tuck surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. I do not see any areas to be concerned about in your photographs. Given your description, it sounds like you are not too far out of the surgical procedure; it is likely that you will continue to see improvement in the aesthetic outcome over the course of the first year.

Picture before and after Tummy tuck

+1

Hello, by looking at the before and after pictures, I would say that your doctor performed a good tummy tuck. The scar and the indentation on your belly button has completely disappeared.

The tummy tuck is a procedure that has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. Tummy tucks combined with liposuction will give even better results. In your case the tummy tuck was performed to correct the gastroschisis .

Jaime Perez, MD

Is this how I'm suppose to look?

+1

I am not sure what your expectations were, but the after photo looks quite good--a normal appearing navel. I am not sure of the nature of the procedure you had since I can't see the incision.

The pre op photo is useful. A postop in the same view and similarly clothed would be more useful than the photos attached. A preop side view would make in possible to evaluate the post op side view.

Summary-not enough info to specifically answer your questions. Consider adding photos and details of the operation itself. Thanks, best wishes.