Revisionary Rhinoplasty Advice Please?

Hi I would love some professional views on revisionary rhinoplasty 7 years after 2 prior surgeries in Australia. First surgery was in '06. It gave me an improved look, however I accidentally broke it after the cast came off (bad luck I know). The surgeon suggested I have revision 6 months after the break. The result was improvement. But - I'm not happy with it. There are dents and bumps and it still feels too large for my face. Thank you for your thoughts.

Revisionary Rhinoplasty Advice Please?

Photos or an exam would be necessary to determine the appropriateness of a revision. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Revision rhino advice

these kind of questions are very interesting but also easier to answer with photos.

generally bumps can be smooth with rasping or potentially by adding deep temporal fascia or perichondrium as an overlay.

if the nose is too large more extensive surgery is needed

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

1400 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd
Austin, TX 78701

Revision rhinoplasty

Patients are candidates for revision rhinoplasty if asymmetries or irregularities persist after a prior procedure.  The number of prior procedures is not important unless damage has been done to the skin.

William D. Losquadro, MD
Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

111 Bedford Road
Katonah, New York 10536

Revision nasal surgery

In general, most noses can be addressed with a revision rhinoplasty, but the results may be unpredictable and not as good as one would expect if too much "damage" has occurred. Consult with a couple of expert rhinoplasty surgeons and see what they can offer you. Once you have some educated idea of wha is possible you can make a dicision whethter a revision operation is for you. Good luck.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

150 Bloor St.
Toronto, ON M5S 2X9