Ptosis? One Eyebrow Wrinkles? (photo)

For a fair few years now I've hated getting my photo taken and could never work out exactly why, just that my eyes and eyebrows didn't look right. So I think I've finally worked out I have ptosis and some muscle spasm issues causing the lines you can see above my right eyebrow. Are the eyebrow wrinkles and the ptosis related or separate issues? How will I fix it?

Different photos

+2

First off, we have to mention that there is an obvious difference in eyelid position between  the two photos that you have posted.

The first photo shows a more dramatic right eyelid droop.

The second photo gives me the impression that the left eye may be slightly more bulgy than the right photo. Or it may be a combination of a droopy right upper eyelid and more bulgy left eye.

In either case, you need a detailed exam by an Oculoplastic Surgeon. There are great ones in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow Wrinkling Secondary To Upper Eyelid Ptosis

+2

Your first picture shows ptosis of your right upper eyelid of about 2 mm, and your right brow shows a compensatory lifting of the brow in order to compensate for the drooping right eyelid.  You are correct - the two appear to be inter related.  Surgery on your right upper eyelid to correct the ptosis should lead to relaxation of the right brow, and therefore improvement in both areas.

Eyelid ptosis surgery requires a specialized Board Certified plastic surgeon.  You are in luck.  Australia has many of these excellent trained plastic surgeons who will be able to assist you.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis of one eye?

+2

In the first photo it does appear that your right upper lid is a few millimeters lower than your left, however the second photo is not as pronounced. This can only be fully evaluated to identify the actual anatomy and function of the lid in person. Find a surgeon with vast experience in eyelid surgery in your area to consult.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Right upper eyelid ptosis?

+2

Your first picture would indicate right upper eyelid ptosis. An examination would be of great assistance. Yes, a lazy eye or eyelid ptosis can be corrected. There are several methods. But, the same condition can occur or be exacerbated by medications, medical problems, etc..Consider a consult with a member of the ASPS in your area that performs occuloplastic surgery. It is an integral part of our practice and some patient photo’s are in our photo library. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis and eyebrow wrinkles are unrelated

+1

The ptosis in the right eye and the spasm of the forehead muscle are 2 separate and unrelated issues.  The ptosis must be repaired with surgery either from the internal or external incision on the upper eyelid while spasm of the muscles and corrugator complex in the forehead will be best treated with Botox.