New Generation threads?

There are many new generation facial threads that dissolve that have now come onto the market. I can see by the reviews that in previous years they have been less than successful. Has anyone had any experience with the new ones?

Thread lifts give short term results

+1

You are correct that there are newer generation design of the sutures used in the threadlift procedure, but even the non-dissolving ones produced only a short-term and limited effect. The sutures have barbs on them that grab the tissue in one direction, and these barbed sutures are used in a variety of applications now. However, with facelift they are used as part of the facelift, not instead of the facelift.

Thread lifts

+1

Phillipa,

Sadly if it sounds to good to be true , it probably is. My experience with threads has been that the results do not last and patients are disappointed. I can not see that this would likely change now that the threads are designed to dissolve.

All the best

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Thread Lifts - Are Some Better Than Others?

+1

All thread lifts pull within the fat layer directly under the skin (the subcutaneous fat layer). This fat layer is not very strong or stable and has many "fluid"-like properties. So over a relatively short time, the fat will "flow" around the thread (and whatever "hooks" that are attached to the threads) and essentially release their pull. This is a good and a bad thing. It is bad because the effects of thread lifts don't last very long -- and it is good because typically there is some initial "puckering" or other irregularities that will smooth out as the fat releases.

Some types of "thread" lifts, in my assessment are safer than others, mainly because some are easier to remove than others if you don't like the effect of the threads. However, all results are essentially the same and have very little value considering the risk and the price.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Threads for Facelift do not last

+1

Dear Phillippa

A few years ago I was at a meeting in the US. One of the Plastic Surgeons presented his experience with the 'THREAD LIFT". In my opinion he has the largest series of Thread Lifts due to nature of his clientele. In his words ' they last 18 months". I have not used them for patients requesting Facial Rejuevanation. I have used it in patients with Facial Nerve Paralysis where one side is droopy. If you are after a long term solution then threads may not be the answer. If you are looking at a short term solution, then you should consult with a Plastic Surgeon, there may be a few other options that give you results by addressing facial ageing

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Facial threads

+1

Hi there,

While it is rightly every patients desire to achieve a substantial result from non surgical or minimal access facial procedures, it remains a fantasy.

As surgeons, we'd also love it if we could achieve large improvements with little invasiveness.

Facial threads of any "generation" remain incapable of delivering well planned predicable and substantial facial rejuvenation, and have been shown to have poor long term outcomes.

Generally, they're a waste of time in my opinion.

All the very best,

Howard Webster

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Specialist

+1

Most of these techniques continue to NOT provide the results or longevity that traditional lifting techniques or liquid fillers provide.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon