Am I candidate for abdominal liposuction or is 33 too old for skin to bounce back?

I'm 33 years old. I have no children. However I have recently lost 25 pounds and now weigh 118 pounds (I'm 5'4). I have PCOS and carry my wait around my stomach. Am I candidate for abdominal liposuction or is 33 too old for skin to bounce back?. I feel my skin is a little loose already but nothing too bad. I don't want a mini TT as I want to have children in future.

?? Candidate for Liposuction

+1
Age does not determine if a patient is a candidate for liposuction.  It is an evaluation of skin tone and the amount of subcutaneous fat.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

At 33 years old, your life is just getting started! Laser liposuction should help slightly loose skin.

+1
Congrats on your 25 pound weight loss!  It would be best to be evaluated to see if your loose skin will respond to laser-assisted liposuction.  I have treated several patients who have achieved moderate weight loss such as you, and usually I am able to give them excellent reduction in loose skin as well as great contouring of their mid-section. Sincerely, Dr. Windell Boutte

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

The oldest liposuction patient I have done is 87.

+1

Skin still bounces back to varing degrees at all ages. At 33 you will be so nicely surprised at how well your skin still retracts with liposuction. especially if done with the smaller cannulas under local. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
      From your description,  liposuction may very well produce nice results.  An exam would be necessary to confirm.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Abdominal liposuction?

+1
WIthout an exam in person, it is impossible to tell you whether or not liposuction would be appropriate for you.  Good luck.

33yo will skin contract after liposuction?

+1
If your abdominal skin doesnt have stretch marks or isn't hanging down too much then liposuction might be all you require. A small amount of laxity could be treated with a mini tummy tuck and since there is no need to tighten the abdominal muscles you can still carry a pregnancy later with no concerns.

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Australia Plastic Surgeon