I Am Not Happy with my 450cc Implants. I Shouldve Gone for 550cc or 575cc at Least? (photo)

I have had the surgery in the GC Australia. I havent ask my surgeon but do surgeons put in new ones for a discounted price? I am really not happy with the communication. I tired the implant in under a bra initially.. which is stupid, this gives no indication as to the size. I thought they were going to be so much bigger. I am so upset, I have spent all my savings on this proceedure and I am not 100% happy. What can I do? Will 100-150cc make much difference? Thanks for the help.

Size Appears to be Fine

+3

Thank you for your photographs.  Your surgeon has done a fine job with your augmentation.  Your implants in my opinion appear large enough for your frame.  Implants that are too large only lead to problems down the road.

Dr. ES

Not happy with breast implant size

+2

The key to patient satisfaction is guided expectations.  Open communication is required to get the result that you want.  It is more or less a game of tell me what you are thinking.  Anything that you can do to improve communication with your surgeon improves your chances of getting the result you desire.  Your early result certainly looks good.  I give it some time.  If you are not happy at the 6 month point you may consider changing out to a larger implant.  A 100 cc change is only about 1/2 of a cup size difference.  

Unhappy with size

+2

Thanks for posting your question and photos.  You have an excellent early result and I'm sorry you felt sizing with implants in your bra doesn't work but ALL of my patients feel that method gives them a very accurate idea of what they will be.  The excess volume will not improve your results... only make you more top heavy, unless that is what you really desire.  Heal and then reassess. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Bigger Breast Implants?

+2

The pictures show a great result. Keep in mind that another surgery means more risk. While an increase of 100 to 150 cc is noticeably, you may find yourself regretting a larger implant  if it causes skin stretching in the future.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size

+2

Hi

The implants certainly look big enough for your frame and I doubt going any bigger in this initial procedure would have been a good idea.  

Your surgeon may perform the revision surgery at no cost, but you still have to pay for new implants, anaesthetic fees and theatre costs.

Good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant siZe

+2

You look very good. I would suggest giving your self at least 6 months to let the swelling go down, the skin to relax and for you to truly get use to these new breasts. I think you need to be really honest with yourself about being 100% happy. Most women would kill for the results you have and it maybe helpful for you to really look at way these large implants and very good result has not made you 100% happy. If after the waiting time is over and you are still  disapointed then, yes large implants could be placed. Remember the enemy of good is better. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

I Am Not Happy with my 450cc Implants. I Shouldve Gone for 550cc or 575cc at Least?

+2

While you have a very nice result and the implants look large on your frame, you could upsize in the future.  There may be a discount for you, but I would caution that the implant should fit your chest wall.  If you increase 150 cc or so, this may make the implant appear too far lateral.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Expectations not met with 450cc implants

+2

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the results of your breast augmentation. If it's any consolation to you, you have an excellent early result. If you decide to upsize in the future, 100-150cc will make a noticeable difference in the size of your breasts. Volume less than 100cc in my opinion would not be worth the time or money. Ask your plastic surgeon if you can work out a deal for a reduced fee for a future revision. Most surgeons want their patients to be happy with their results. Thank you for sharing your photos and concern. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Want to "Go Bigger" after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your photos however it does appear that your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you. Certainly, a change of 100 to 150 mL will make a noticeable difference but whether this change will meet your goals cannot be determined without  much more communication. I would suggest that you meet with your plastic surgeon, communicate your questions and concerns in a calm and constructive fashion and show him/her what you are trying to achieve with the help of goal pictures. Most plastic surgeons strive hard to make their patients as happy as possible;  I would not be surprised if you are able to have further surgery at a discounted rate.

450cc implants - I should've gone for 550cc or 575cc at least? (photo)

+1
Thank you for your question. Revisions and further surgery for aesthetic procedures varies amongst surgeons and your preoperative discussion about expectations, results, and complications. Depending on your results and expectations, it would need to be a discussion that you have in terms of deformities and results.

You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully come to a conclusion. I would not be surprised if facility and anesthesia costs are your responsibility along with a possible surgical fee to correct, however, the last one may be waived pending your previous discussions and examination. Hope that this helps and best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD