Can Anything Be Done to Fix my Nose Following Early Scar Contracture? (photo)

My PS advised me that I have early scar contracture. I am now 8 weeks post revision rhinoplasty and my PS has advised me that the bubble of skin (see photo) will need to be removed and a 'flap' of skin moved over the top. He said the scar and other imperfections (imprint and drooping nostril on right side of nose) cannot be fixed due to the risk of further damage to the skin. Is this correct? Will my nose ever look normal?

Scar revision of nose nostril

+1

Early intervention should likely be conservative with IIT and Laser.  I would recommend waiting at least one year prior to revision surgery. 

Scar

+1

Your reconstruction looks like it had problems. It needs to be redone. If you were smoking then you need to stop prior to the surgery. See a plastic surgeon or another plastic surgeon. you can be improved

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Can Anything Be Done to Fix my Nose Following Early Scar Contracture?

+1

It looks like you had a fair amount of skin necrosis following your revision procedure. The risk is that additional procedures could further compromise the blood supply to the skin in this area. This is definitely a challenging problem to deal with. It is hard to give you specific advice without knowing exactly what was performed for you and seeing earlier photos following your procedure 8 weeks ago. It is wise to let this settle and not be too hasty revising this area due to the risk I mentioned earlier. I wish you the best and hope that this continues to improve with time. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon