Clenching and Grinding Teeth?

hi there everyone! my jaw hurts.. it has been a year since i started grinding and clenching my teeth, i have no idea why i started grinding and clenching my teeth even when i am awake. finding it hard smiling cause my teeth are uneven and cracked. i cant afford to visit a dentist cause i am out of budget. is it mannerism? am i stressed out? how can i prevent this humility?

Causes of teeth grinding

+1

Other than the daily stressors of life that can make one clench and grind their teeth, there may be other subtle factors that can be at play:  night-time clenching/grinding called bruxism is often associated with sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, day-time bruxism may be due to a "bad bite" where your teeth don't quite line up correctly.  A sudden increase in bruxism may be caused by new medication or recent dental work that may have caused a misalignment of your bite.  Having a night-guard made may be helpful in preventing damage to your teeth, but it doesn't address the root cause.  Hope that's helpful.

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

Clenching and grinding teeth?

+1

Many causes but I alway suggest we look for what I call the parcipitating event then the predisposing cause and then the perpetuating reason... Once you identify the cause the treatment becomes obvious such as night guard, orthodontics, crowns and bridges or some combination good luck find a dentist and consider making a payment plan,

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

TMJ and ADAMosman in Australia

+1

You can not afford to NOT see a dentist! Grinding and clenching your teeth causes extreme force on your teeth as well as tremendous pressure  on your  jaw. Stress can exacerbate the problem. I would suggest you see your dentist and get a night guard to keep from grinding them at night. If you can not find a dentist who will see you, at least for a complimentary consultation, then go online and visit the Australian Dental Association or ADA. You did not mention where you lived in Australia, but they can help you.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist