Breast lift and Breast Implant, or breast lift and tissue expansion for tuberous breasts? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 16
Tuberous Breast and tissueexpanders
I do not think that tissue exoander will be necessary, though I would need to confirm this on physical examination.
If your goal is a B cup, the lift will be key, and you may have enough volume of your own to avoid an implant
I know that will most likely make things more confusing so i apologise, but it does emphasize thatyour case is not simple, and that multiple approaches can be used to achieve your goal
All the best
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Treatment of tuberous breasts
- I think your breast size and shape does not require a breast expander,
- The first goal is to lift and re-shape your breasts.
- The photo suggests you may already be a B cup.
- An implant can be placed at the same time (there is a higher risk of infection and of a poor fit between the implant and newly shaped breast) or deferred.
- Different opinions are confusing - it doesn't make one right or wrong,
- but generally in surgery, where possible, keep it simple.
- An expander, unless absolutely needed, makes like more complicated. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Tissue expansion for tuberous breasts?
Severe tuberous breasts
An in person exam is essential but a full lift looks to be needed (more than the periareolar lift often used in tuberous cases). I'd suggest doing that and healing. Then, once 4-6 months have passed, an implant wide enough to get nearer to the middle will add volume and help to close the big gap. Good luck.
Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)
Gary Horndeski, M.D.
Best technique for correcting tuberous breasts
I think either technique of tissue expansion or breast implant combined with a breast uplift will suit your case but my personal preference would be not to use an expander as I do not think is necessary and involves a number of extra stages.
It might be worth having a look at our website, aurora-clinics.co.uk where you will find information about similar procedures we have performed with before and after photographs.
I hope that if you do decide to proceed with surgery you get the results you wish for.
I don't think a breast expander will be necessary and do suggest a breast lift with moderate implants to reach the goal.
Tissue expanders aren't usually necessary
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.