BA Procedure? (photo)

Hi, I would like honest opinions on what ppl think should be done here. I have inserted before pics of my breasts. An empty C cup post breast feeding and weight loss. I was looking for fullness and a nice shape. I have since had a BA but am unhappy with the 2 year outcome, I think I now have snoopy boobs!! (pics to come) I have only just joined realself.com as I wish to know different PS opinions on what docs would do which procedure. Wish I had found this forum earlier :(

Breast Augmentation

+3

The decision to use a breast lift in addition to an implant is best made based on examination of the patient and taking measurements of the breast to determine nipple position and amount of excess skin.  You might need to consider replacing your existing implants with a different size or type.  When using implants with a lift, I generally prefer a silicone implant above the muscle to avoid the tendency for the implant to migrate downward and outward.  As always, a personal consultation with your surgeon will give you the most informed options.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Augmentation Result

+2

Hi there,

From your preop pictures, your anatomy looks very suitable for a breast augmentation without a lift.

If you're unhappy, it will be for one of 3 reasons:  either the procedure went well but your expectations have not been met - or the implants are not in the correct position in relation to the breast mound - or you have a complication such as capsular contracture.

It will all become clear when you post your post op pictures.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

Your pre-op photos show bresats that are deflated.  I probaly would have suggested an augmentation and +/- circumareola lift to tighten up the skin envelope inferiorly just a bit. Of course and exam in personw ould have been essential. As for you concerns now, it would be helpful to see photos.

Please post your after pictuers

+2

You have psuedo ptosis based on your before pictures and may need to have lift. It is impossible to discuss the results without after pictures

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation following pregnancy

+2

The pictures you enclosed are not terribly useful since they don't show how your breasts look currently.  Nevertheless, if I were to hazard a guess, I would think that you might need a slight breast lift procedure if you want a perkier look to your breasts.  I am basing that solely on the pictures provided.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast augmention

+2

Without looking at a current photo, I would guess that you would need to be thinking about a breast lift. 

Base upon the photos from before surgery, I would probably have recommended a breast augmentation alone at that time, though an in person examination might have led to a recommendation of a lift at that time.

At this point, a surgeon doing an in person evaluation has an edge over someone looking at photos. If there is a discrepancy in suggestions, a second opinion would be in order.

Thanks for your question and best wishes.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with Implant Exchange

+1

In your before pictures your areolas are too low and your breasts are too lateral.  You would have benefited from a lift done at the time of the 1st breast augmentation.  This can be done through a circumareola approach leaving no vertical scars.  Unfortunately, we do not have after photographs.  You are dissatisfied with your appearance since the breasts were not lifted by the implants (they never are).  You are a candidate for a new technique called Mini Ultimate Breast Lift with Implant Exchange.  Using only a circumareola incision implants can be replaced, breast tissue is displaced medially to increase cleavage and elevated to create upper pole fullness.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

BA Procedure?

+1

Impossible to rea;y comment without the 2 year post augmentation photos. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations in your country. 

Unhappy with augmentation result

+1

In my practice most patients who have breast fed and possibly lost weight have breasts that look like yours.  There is loss of breast volume particularly in the upper part of the breast and a loss of projection.  If the nipple is above the level of the fold under the breast which is difficult to say with just a photo, I would recommend a breast augmentation without a breast lift.  This would provide fullness with the least amount of scar.

While that may be the correct operation for you and if it was performed accurately; it is difficult to say how your beast will look after a couple of years.  That will depend on your tissue elasticity, the size of the implant and to a certain extent whether the implants are saline or silicone gel. Whether or not you wear a bra most of the time and whether you sleep of your back or stomach will also play a role.

We will see how things turn out once the after photos are posted.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon