Is it possible to straighten my crooked nose?

Hi, I have a deviated septum which also makes my nose look twisted. I have avoided cameras at all cost my whole life (unless I am on my 'good side' and am desperate to make this look 'normal'. Is this a possibility through rhinoplasty and septoplasty? Thank you!

+1

In general, correcting a crooked nose is a very difficult procedure and requires a specialist. It is not possible to get the nose 100% straight, but improvements can still be made. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+1

The nose can probably be improved, but a crooked nose cannot be made perfectly straight.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked nose

+1

A septoplasty is performed to improve airflow through the nose. The surgery is performed in the back of the nose to straighten deviated cartilage and bone, and it has no effect upon the external appearance. To straighten a crooked nose, osteotomies, spreader grafts, and nasal tip surgery may be required to be performed during the rhinoplasty procedure. For many examples of crooked noses we have repaired in our practice, please see the link below

Crooked nose

+1

Dear Adelaide30: The simple answer is maybe. You would benefit from septal surgery but might also require cartilage grafting and osteotomies. It is difficult to tell from one photo and no physical examination. I recommend you consult with a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon. Some one with septorhinoplasty experience. Consult the Rhinoplasty Society if need be. Good luck!

Stephen E. Metzinger, MD
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

+1

A septorhinoplasty is the only surgical option to address a twisted nose or a deviated nose. Surgery can also be performed to improve breathing through your nose and change other aspects of your nasal size and shape, if you're interested in doing so. For specific answers to your question, seek a consultation with a highly experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon