Sporting incident - is my nose permanantly damaged? Is there any way of fixing it without surgery?

2wks ago I was playing basketball & I slammed my face into an opponent's arm. My nose went crunch. I heard it and felt it. Would this be enough to permanently damage my nose? I feel my nose looks wider - both upper & lower cartilage feels loose & is movable. I used to be able to 'suck' my nose in & it would look thinner, but now I am unable to do this. Is there any way of fixing this without surgery? How long should it take for swelling to recede? Can cartilage be permanently damaged?

Rhinoplasty for nasal trauma

Trauma to the nose can result in a displaced, or non-displaced nasal fracture. Only a displaced nasal fracture is repaired. Trauma can also cause the upper lateral cartilages to be fractured off of the nasal bones. To repair a broken nose, it's important to wait until most of the swelling to subside over the next few weeks, and then make a decision to proceed. To reset  fractured nasal bones, osteotomies are performed on the nasal bones under a general anesthesia.. For many examples of crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link below