Is it normal to feel small electric nerve feelings just below the lower scar upon movement?

When I move to stand up I feel a tiny concentrated area of nerve sensation. It sometimes feels like a tiny fish wriggling there. I am currently 3 days post op and all is going well, I'm only taking 1000mg of paracetemol every 6 hours. Drain is removed.

Electric Sensations After Tummy Tuck

+2

Thank you for your question. At 3 days after tummy Tuck surgery abnormal twinges an electric sensations can be caused by simple stretching of the nerves of the skin as you move. These sensations are called dysesthesias and should go away in the first week to 10 days.

If the electric twinges radiate into the inside of your thigh or labia then you should bring it to your surgeons attention. There is a nerve called the Ilioinguinal Nerve which can be injured during a tummy tuck but I would expect symptoms in the labia and inside of the thigh. If there are twinges it means the nerve is intact for if it was cut you would be numb.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Electric twinges

+2

Hard to know exactly without a physical exam but later on electric twinges can represent nerves growing back.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon